|Betsy Brandt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1973|
Betsy Brandt is an American actress renowned for her roles in the TV shows like Judging Amy, Breaking Bad, Parenthood, The Michael J. Fox Show, and Life in Pieces. She graduated from Harvard University’s Institute for Advanced Theater Training and is an alumna of Bay City Western High School in Auburn, Michigan. Her charismatic performances have earned her over 300k followers on Twitter.
Betsy Ann Brandt
Bay City, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Betsy Brandt attended the Bay City Western High School in Auburn, Michigan. Afterward, she joined the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting in 1996.
Then, she went on to obtain her Masters in Fine Arts from Harvard University‘s Institute for Advanced Theater Training. To perfect her craft, she also studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Father – Gary Brandt (Electrician)
- Mother – Janet Brandt (Teacher)
Betsy Brandt is managed by Talent Works, Talent Agency, Burbank, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Betsy Brandt has dated –
- Grady Olsen (1995-Present) – After dating for a year, in 1996, Brandt married her fellow UIUC graduate and an employee at OpenText, a software company, Grady Olsen. They are blessed with 2 children – daughter Josephine Olsen (born 2004) and son Freddie Olsen (born 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German descent.
- Usually keeps a shoulder-length hairstyle
- Rounded chin
Betsy Brandt has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Rita Vinieris
- Onna Ehrlich
- Anne Sisteron
- Jaguar U.S.
- Terranea Resort
- The Resort at Paws Up
- Malibu Beach Inn
Best Known For
- Her portrayal of Marie Schrader in Breaking Bad (2008-2013), Sandy in Parenthood (2012-2014), Annie Henry on The Michael J. Fox Show (2013-2014), and Heather /Heather Hughes in Life in Pieces (2015-2018)
- Appearing in numerous films including Between Us (2016) as Gigi, Claire in Motion (2016) as Claire, We the Coyotes (2018) as Jeanine, Magic Mike (2012) as the Banker, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life (2011) as Madame Zaleski, and Shelf Life (2004) as Nikki Reynolds
In 2001, she made her feature film debut in the comedy-drama film, Memphis Bound… and Gagged, in the leading role as ‘The Director’.
First TV Show
In 2001, she made her first TV show appearance in the drama series, Judging Amy, as Elizabeth Granson.
In 2015, she debuted as a voice actress in the animated action comedy series, Axe Cop.
Betsy Brandt works out in the gym regularly and has often indulged in training sessions at Soul Cycle. She also likes going for a run with her dog and maintains an active lifestyle.
Betsy Brandt Favorite Things
- Coffee Joint – Costa Mesa
- Christmas Gift – Snow White dress of the late 70s
Betsy Brandt Facts
- She has been interested in directing a musical play from an early age.
- Her focus shifted to acting after she was chosen to play the lead role in the high school production Exit the Body.
- Soon after she graduated, Betsy moved to Seattle, Washington.
- While in Washington, she worked in theater and appeared in numerous short films.
- Few years after that, she moved to Los Angeles, California.
- On June 6, 2010, the Bay City Western High School commencement honored her as the Distinguished Alumnus of the year giving her the opportunity to deliver a speech.
- Betsy supports the non-profit organization, Feeding America, an organization fighting against hunger.
- She loves baking.
Featured Image by Thibault / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0