|Blueface Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1997|
|Girlfriends||Jaidyn Alexis & Jiggy|
Blueface is an American rapper and songwriter who is known for releasing a number of tracks such as Thotiana, Next Big Thing, Movie Scenes, DM, Bleed It, Studio, West Coast (with G-Eazy), Stop Cappin, and Daddy (featuring Rich the Kid). His career flourished especially after the release of his single, Thotiana, on January 29, 2019, which gained significant positions in several music charts and was also certified ‘Gold’ by Recorded Music NZ (RMNZ) as well as the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Blueface has also appeared as a featured artist and has worked with the likes of French Montana and Cardi B. Moreover, he has accumulated a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 150k followers on Twitter, and more than 500k subscribers on his YouTube channel.
Johnathan Michael Porter
Blueface, Blueface Bleedem, Young Man Cryp’n, Famous Cryp
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Blueface studied at several elementary level schools and later got enrolled at Arleta High School, a secondary school located on Van Nuys Boulevard in Arleta, Los Angeles, California. He was also a member of the school’s football team and soon started playing as the starting quarterback in 2014.
Then, he went to Fayetteville State University located in Fayetteville, North Carolina. He played football at the university as well until he decided to quit college in 2016.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Karlissa
- Siblings – Kali (Sister)
Blueface is managed by Wack 100 from Fifth Amendment Entertainment.
Hip Hop, West Coast Hip Hop
Cash Money West, Entertainment One Music, Fifth Amendment
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Blueface has dated –
- Jaidyn Alexis – Blueface is dating Jaidyn Alexis who often appears on his Instagram alongside his other girlfriend.
- Jiggy – Jiggy is in a relationship with Blueface. Blueface often uploads pictures of Jiggy along with him and Jaidyn Alexis on Instagram.
Note – Blueface parents a son named Javaughn who was born in 2017. He can often be seen in a number of videos and pictures uploaded on Blueface’s Instagram feed.
Race / Ethnicity
- Off-beat style of rapping
- Unique voice
- A tattoo of Benjamin Franklin on the side of his face
- Lean body
- Curly hair
Blueface has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of FashionNovaMen.
Best Known For
- His hit single, Thotiana, which gained much popularity and was also certified ‘Gold’ by RIAA and RMNZ
- Having worked with several well-known artists from the industry such as Cardi B, G-Eazy, Rich the Kid, French Montana, and Lil Tjay
- Having garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 150k followers on Twitter, and more than 500k subscribers on his YouTube channel
As a Singer
Blueface has released several singles such as F*ck It Up, Thotiana, Next Big Thing, Movie Scenes, DM, Bleed It, Studio, West Coast (with G-Eazy), Stop Cappin, and Daddy (featuring Rich the Kid).
First TV Show
Blueface made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in an episode, titled Josh Brolin /Olivia Holt /G-Eazy /Blueface /AllBlack, of the late-night comedy talk-show series, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, in April 2019.
He has maintained a lean physique.
- He was raised in Mid City in West Los Angeles, California. Later, he decided to move in with his mother in Santa Clarita Valley, Southern California. However, Blueface again shifted base as he decided to live along with his father in Oakland, Alameda County, California.
- At a very young age, he started taking interest in rap music.
- In 2014, as Blueface played for the Arleta High School football team as a starting quarterback, he led the team to an East Valley League championship the same year. Also, he threw for 1,234 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2013 and 1,724 yards and 21 touchdowns in 2014.
- His song titled Thotiana also includes references from his younger years as a football player as he is seen portraying a top prospect high school quarterback disrespecting his coach due to his desire to pursue women and fame. The track was released on January 29, 2019, and was ranked at number #4 in the U.S. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, at number #8 in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, at number #9 in the Official New Zealand Music Chart, and at number #12 in the Canadian Hot 100 chart. Also, the song became very popular and was certified ‘Gold’ by both Recorded Music NZ (RMNZ) and Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- His music has been influenced by the likes of 50 Cent, The Game, and Snoop Dogg as he grew up listening to them.
- When Blueface started rapping in January 2018, he went by the alias Blueface Bleedem. The name referred to his ties to the School Yard Crips street gang.
- As he started living in Los Angeles, California, one of his friends, Laudiano, once asked him to visit him in his music studio to retrieve a phone charger and from there, the thing started to work out between the two after Blueface was challenged to rap over a beat. Soon after, they started working together.
- Blueface was arrested and charged with shooting at an occupied vehicle, a felony in the state of California, after he was approached by a man at a Chevron gas station on November 16, 2018, at approximately 8:30 PM local time. The man tried to rob him and, in return, he fired shots back at the man’s vehicle.
- He once held a contest on Instagram to determine which high school he should visit and Pasadena High School became the winner beating Santa Monica High School.
- His song, Respect My Crypn, which was released on October 8, 2018, became a viral meme due to Blueface’s unique voice which soon got compared to the voice of cartoon characters such as Courage The Cowardly Dog and Birdarang from Teen Titans Go!. This brought him the required attention and an increase in his fan base.
- He appeared as a featured artist in the song titled West Coast by G-Eazy which was released on February 28, 2019.
- Blueface has also appeared as a featured artist on the single, titled Slide, by French Montana, along with rapper Lil Tjay.
- His music style and voice have often drawn comparisons to fellow California rappers E-40 and Suga Free, as well as Southern rappers Juvenile and Silkk the Shocker.
- On February 1, 2019, Blueface was arrested for felony gun possession after the police allegedly recovered a loaded, unregistered handgun in his possession.
- Before starting his career as a rapper, he did several odd jobs and was also a stay-at-home dad.
- Follow Blueface on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud, and iTunes.
Featured Image by 0000sick / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0