|Bovi Ugboma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1979|
|Spouse||Kris Asimonye Ugboma|
Bovi Ugboma is a Nigerian stand-up comedian, actor, and writer who is best known for his comedy shows/concerts such as The Bovi Ugboma Show and Bovi: Man on Fire.
Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria
Bovi had attended the UNIBEN Staff School for his primary education. In 1991, he was enrolled in Government College, Ughelli in Delta State, Nigeria. For disciplinary reasons, his parents had removed him from boarding school and transferred him to Edokpolor Grammar School in Benin city, their hometown.
That move eventually proved futile and he was shifted to Model Secondary school, an all-boys boarding school in Onicha Olona, a town in Delta State. After his high school graduation, he had joined Delta State University, a state government-owned university in Abraka, Delta State, in 1998, to study theatre arts.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Writer
- Father – Chief Eddie Ugboma
- Mother – Margaret Ugboma (Librarian)
- Siblings – Albert Akogo (Brother)
Observational Comedy, Insult Comedy, Satire
Nigerian Culture, Everyday Life, Popular Culture, Current Events, Nigerian Politics, Marriage
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bovi has dated –
- Kris Asimonye Ugboma (2007-Present) – Bovi got married to Kris Asimonye in 2007 and they have 3 children together – a daughter named Elena Ugboma, and 2 sons named David Ugboma and Chuchu Ugboma.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian descent.
- Slender frame
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
Bovi Ugboma Facts
- Bovi’s career in the entertainment industry began in April 2007 when he starred in the sitcom Extended Family, a show that he had also written and produced. It became quite a hit in Nigeria and by 2008, he was performing in comedy shows and events throughout the country.
- His big break in stand-up comedy came when he performed in an event called Nite of 1000 Laughs. His first stand-up special was held at the prestigious Eko convention center where he also performed the show’s sequel in 2014.
- That show in 2014 also featured American rapper Ja Rule and singer Ashanti. He had then taken the one-man special show across the world including cities such as London, Melbourne, and Toronto.
- He had taken a 3-year hiatus after this and had returned with the Man on Fire franchise with a show in Lagos, Nigeria. It was his most successful show yet but he had stated that he would retire the franchise after the 4th edition in Lagos in April 2019.
- He began a series titled BACK TO SCHOOL in 2018, clips of which he mostly uploads to his YouTube channel.
- His first movie, titled It’s Her Day, was released in September 2016. Although not heavily publicized, the film had a decent run in the cinemas and grossed ₦ 55 million at the box office.
- Around the same time, he was nominated for the AMVCA (Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards) in the category of ‘Best Actor in Comedy’. This was his 3rd individual nomination since the inception of the AMVCA and the 4th from his works.
- He had written and starred in the 2021 comedy film, My Village People.
Featured Image by Bovi Ugboma / Instagram