|Brandon Graham Quick Info
|6 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|April 3, 1988
Brandon Graham is an American football defensive end who played college football at the University of Michigan. A highly decorated and highly rated linebacker in high school, he was picked by the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL) in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
Brandon Lee Graham
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Brandon Graham studied at Crockett Vocational Tech, a school that began participating in Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) football competitions in 1996. During his time, he played football and was recognized as an honorable mention lineman 2003 All-Detroit selection by The Detroit News.
He served as linebacker, offensive guard, placekicker, and punter for his side as a junior and led his team to the MHSAA state championships. He also became one of three juniors named to the 2004 First-team All-Detroit team with one source listing him as a placekicker and the other as a linebacker on the team. His school won the Detroit Public School League Division 1 championship game at Ford Field and entered the Division 5 MHSAA semifinals with a 12–0 record but eventually lost 9–0 to defending state champion Lumen Christi Catholic High School. Graham recorded 91 tackles (20 for a loss), maintained a 3.8 grade point average, and was selected for the Associated Press first-team Class B all-state team as a linebacker.
Afterward, he attended the University of Michigan.
- Father – Derrick Walton
- Mother – Tasha Graham
- Siblings – Brianna Walton (Sister), Brittany Duncan (Sister), Mikyla Walton (Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brandon Graham has dated –
- Carlyne Graham – He has been married to Carlyne Graham and they have been blessed with 2 children, a boy and a girl.
Race / Ethnicity
Graham is of African-American descent.
Sports a beard
Brandon Graham has done endorsement work for brands such as PrimoHoagies.
Brandon Graham Facts
- He grew up in Detroit, Michigan.
- He was 7 years old when he started playing competitive football.
- During his youth, Brandon Graham played football for the Police Athletic League Detroit Giants for seven years and then joined the eighth-grade team.
- His school did not have a proper locker room for its football team and parents had to shine their car lights on the field for late practices because the football field had no lights.
- Rivals.com ranked Brandon Graham as the top class of 2006 high school football prospect in the state of Michigan, the number two inside linebacker prospect, and the overall fifteenth-best prospect in the nation while Scout.com listed him as the number three linebacker in the nation and described him as the number one overall prospect in the midwest. The latter also described him as “arguably the best inside linebacker in the nation”. Graham was ranked as the number two inside linebacker and number thirty-one prospect in the nation by ESPNU.
- He became the first Michigan athlete to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
- In the 2010 NFL Draft, Brandon Graham was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the first round (13th overall). He became the first defensive and Big Ten Conference player selected in the 2010 NFL Draft as the Philadelphia Eagles acquired him after trading their first-round pick (24th overall), a third-round pick (70th overall), and an additional third-round pick (87th overall) to the Denver Broncos.
- Brandon Graham signed a five-year, $16.90 million contract that includes $12.67 million guaranteed with the Philadelphia Eagles on July 29, 2010.
Featured Image by Keith Allison / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED