|Brendon McCullum Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1981|
Brendon McCullum is a former New Zealand cricket player who is widely considered to be one of the finest batsmen and captains of the New Zealand cricket team. He represented his national side from 2002 until 2016 and set many records like scoring the the fastest ever Test century (in 54 balls), among several others. Under his captaincy, the New Zealand team reached the finals of the ICC World Cup for the first time in 2015.
Brendon Barrie McCullum
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
Former Cricket Player
- Father – Stuart McCullum (Former Cricket Player)
- Siblings – Nathan McCullum (Older Brother) (Former Cricket Player)
Right-Arm Medium, Right-Arm Off Break
42 – ODI
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brendon McCullum has dated –
- Ellissa McCullum (2003-Present) – On September 6, 2003, he tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend Ellissa. The couple is parents to 3 children together: a son named Riley McCullum and 2 daughters named Evie McCullum and Maya McCullum.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- A scar on his face near his eye
- Short height
- Multiple tattoos on his body including a scroll on his upper arm and shoulder that includes the Roman Numerals CXXVI (126 – his ODI cap number), CCXXIV (224 – his test cricket cap number), and XLII (42 – his ODI shirt number), a silver fern tattoo on the left side of his chest, among others
Brendon McCullum Favorite Things
- Cricketer – BJ Watling
- Food – New Zealand Lamb Rack
- Indian Meal – Chicken Tikka Masala
- Captain He Played Under – Stephen Fleming
- IPL Teams – Chennai Super Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Holiday Destinations – Queenstown in New Zealand, Fiji
- T20 Leagues To Play In – IPL, Big Bash
Brendon McCullum Facts
- He was appointed an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit for his services to cricket during the Queen’s Birthday Honors in 2015.
- On February 18, 2014, Brendon scored a terrific knock of 302 runs during a test match against India and became the first-ever New Zealander to score a triple hundred in a single Test match.
- He idolized the cricketing legends Vivian Richards and Allan Border while growing up.
- Brendon named Shane Warne as the best bowler he ever faced.
- The year 2014 saw him score 1000 test runs in a calendar year and made him the first New Zealander to achieve this feat.
- If not a cricketer, Brendon would have liked to be involved in horse riding.
- The superpower that he would like to have is the ability to fly.
- If Brendon were given the chance to face any bowler from history, he would choose to face the former Australian cricketer Dennis Lillee.
- He would like Matt Damon to play him in a movie about his life.
Featured Image by New Zealand Government, Office of the Governor-General / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0