Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot
At the age of 7, Brigitte got admission at the Cours Hattemer, a private school in Paris. As she had to attend classes three days a week, she also joined classes at Madame Bourget’s dance studio.
In 1947, she got enrolled at the Conservatoire de Paris. She also took ballet classes from Russian choreographer Boris Knyazev for three years.
Actor, model, singer, animal rights activist
- Father – Louis Bardot
- Mother – Anne-Marie “Toty” Bardot
- Siblings – Mijanou Bardot (Younger Sister) (Actress, Singer)
- Others – Charles Bardot (Paternal Grandfather), Jeanne Hyacinthe Marie Claveau (Paternal Grandmother), Isidore Mucel (Maternal Grandfather), Jeanne Grandval (Maternal Grandmother)
Pop, chanson, psychedelic pop, and rock
Fontana, Major Minor, Antic US, Philips Records
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Brigitte Bardot has dated –
- Luis Miguel Dominguín – Brigitte is reported to have had an affair with legendary Spanish bullfighter, Luis Miguel Dominguín.
- Terence Stamp – Bardot went on a blind date with English actor, Terence Stamp in the 1960s. However, the date didn’t go well as they struggled to communicate with each other due to lack of a common language.
- Jimi Hendrix – Some reports allege that Bardot had a steamy fling with rock musician Jimi Hendrix. They had first met at an airport in Paris and would have sex at the Heathrow airport hours later.
- Roger Vadim (1950-1957) – Bardot met French film director Roger Vadim in 1950 when she was a fifteen-year-old schoolgirl, who dreamed of being a ballet dancer. The start of their affair was pretty intense as Roger would write about her devouring sexual appetite because of which she used to hold mirror during lovemaking. However, when her father barred her from meeting him, she believed that she had lost him. But in December of 1952, they got married. From the very start, he was obsessed with making her a sex symbol and was passing her half naked pictures to the agents and talent scouts. His obsession finally proved to be his downfall as Bardot started having an affair with Jean-Louis Trintignant, who was her co-star in Vadim directed And God Created Woman (1956). Their affair was quite scandalous as they were making love while shooting for the movie (a rumor, which Vadim did nothing to refute for the publicity of the movie). Also, Trintignant was a married man. Vadim accepted her affair as he famously quipped that she is ruled by passion. He continued mentoring her but their marriage came to end in 1957.
- George Baker (1955) – Brigitte had another extramarital affair with English actor George Baker. They had met at Pinewood studios in 1955 while shooting for their respective movies. This affair lasted about 6 weeks as she returned to France after wrapping up the shooting of Doctor At Sea.
- Jean-Louis Trintignant (1956-1958) – Bardot’s affair with Jean-Louis Trintignant apart from being steamy was also very unstable. Their time together was complicated due to his persistent absence due to his military service. Also, she had started seeing French musician Gilbert Bécaud. Just like the start of their relationship, the end of their relationship also caused quite a scandal. After their breakup, heartbroken Bardot suffered a nervous breakdown. She had tried to commit suicide by overdosing on sleeping pills.
- Jacques Charrier (1958-1962) – Brigitte recovered from her heartbreak by getting in a relationship with actor Jacques Charrier. And, by the time, they got married in June 1959, she was already pregnant with his son, Nicolas-Jacques Charrier, who was born in January 1960. In 1962, Bardot’s second marriage had come to an end. Her son was raised by Charrier’s family and she would maintain sporadic contact with him until he reached adulthood.
- Raf Vallone (1959) – Brigitte first met Italian former soccer player and director Raf Vallone in Paris in 1959. In his autobiography, he would later reveal that they spent their first night in a monastery. Their affair lasted for a couple of weeks only.
- Sami Frey (1962-1963) – Bardot’s affair with actor Sami Frey is reported as one of the causes of the failure of her second marriage. She got close to him while shooting for the movie, The Truth. They made their relationship formal with a bunch of public appearances in 1963. However, their relationship would come to an end some months later due to her alleged affair with Brazilian producer Bob Zagury.
- Bob Zagury (1963-1965) – Brigitte started going out with Bob Zagury in 1963. Her visit to his native Brazil in 1964 caused a huge frenzy in the South American country. She wasn’t able to leave their apartment in Rio de Janeiro for 10 days as the press was camped outside. She had to address them in a press conference in order to get some freedom. In 1965, he joined her for her trip to Peru. Their relationship came to an end later in 1965.
- Louis Malle (1962) – Brigitte Bardot reportedly hooked up with director Louis Malle in 1962. They had grown close while working on the movie, A Very Private Affair.
- Gunter Sachs (1966-1969) – German photographer Gunter Sachs started courting Brigitte in the grandest way imaginable. He had got a helicopter to drop hundreds of roses on her house in Côte d’Azur. His wooing certainly helped as they got married two months after the start of their relationship. However, their marriage didn’t last long as they separated within a year. But they didn’t get an official divorce until October 1969. They remained on good terms till he committed suicide in 2011.
- Luigi Rizzi (1968) – Bardot was RUMORed to be having an affair with Luigi Rizzi in October 1968.
- Serge Gainsbourg (1967-1968) – Bardot started going out with French singer Serge Gainsbourg in the mid of 1967. Serge had recorded the song, Je T’Aime… Moi Non Plus, featuring Bardot’s sexually explicit moaning. She would later beg him not to release the song as she was still married to Sachs. Later, they recorded duet “Bonnie & Clyde.”
- Patrick Gilles (1968-1971) – Brigitte started going out with actor-director Patrick Gilles in 1968 after they had become more than co-stars while shooting for the movie, Les Femmes. They would make a number of public appearances after the release of the movie. They were together for little under 3 years.
- Christian Kalt (1971) – Bardot had a short-lived affair with ski instructor Christian Kalt in 1971. They made a number of public appearances together including attending film premieres.
- John Gilmore – Brigitte is reported to have briefly dated writer and novelist John Gilmore in the early 70s.
- Warren Beatty – Bardot had a fling with the American actor Warren Beatty at an unspecified period of time.
- Laurent Vergez (1973) – Bardot started going out with French actor Laurent Vergez after having grown affectionate with him while working on the movie, Don Juan, or If Don Juan Were a Woman (1973).
- Miroslav Brozek (1975-1979) – Bardot moved in with sculptor Miroslav Brozek in 1975. They had been dating for quite some time. She is reported to be the inspiration for some of his sculptures. They decided to go separate ways in 1979.
- Allain Bougrain-Dubourg (1978-1984) – Brigitte first met Allain Bougrain-Dubourg in 1977 after she joined him in Canada in denouncing hunting of seals. They would start dating about a year later. Their love for animal rights reportedly brought them together. Their relationship came to an end in 1984 when she suggested marriage. Allain would later reveal that he wanted to spend his whole life with her but believed that marriage would be the end of their relationship.
- Bernard d’Ormale (1992-Present) – Brigitte first met her current husband Bernard d’Ormale in 1960 in film studios in Boulogne, where she was shooting and he was working as an assistant for a French-American production house. However, it was dinner hosted by National Party that would make the impact. Bernard, who was invited by her lawyer at the party, would meet Bardot again two days after the dinner and that would be the start of their relationship. They got married in August 1992.
Race / Ethnicity
She is naturally a brunette (Brown colored hair).
- Fuller lips
- Gapped tooth
- Curvaceous figure
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Brigitte has starred in print adverts for the –
- AMC Pacer car in the 70s.
- mascara from Aziza Cosmetics.
She has appeared in a TV advert for the
- Aqualia product from the cosmetics giants, L’Oréal
Best Known For
- Being one of the sex symbols of the 50s and 60s.
- Being cast in the leading role in the comedy adventure movie, Viva Maria! (1965).
In 1961, she released her debut single, Sidonie, which was a soundtrack for the film Vie privée.
In 1963, Brigitte released her debut studio album, Brigitte Bardot Sings.
In 1952, Brigitte made her first film appearance in the French comedy flick, Le Trou normand for her role as Javotte Lemoine.
First TV Show
In 1958, Bardot made her TV show debut when she appeared in the music comedy show The Ed Sullivan Show.
Brigitte Bardot Facts
- In 1995 and 2007, the Empire magazine placed her on the 9th and 98th spots respectively in the list comprising of 100 Sexiest Stars in film history.
- She is one of the most influential and vocal animal rights activists and is the head and founder of the Fondation Brigitte Bardot, which works for animal rights on a global level.
- With the release of her book, Un cri dans le silence (A cry in silence), she created a major controversy as she spoke out against the infiltration of French society by Islamic extremism.
- She has always been a vegetarian.
- In 1983, she attempted suicide by taking a handful of tranquilizers with a glass of red wine. She was later pulled from the surf at the Les Canoubiers beach and taken to nearby L’Oasis clinic.
- In December 2011, the Men’s Health magazine placed her on the 75th spot in the list of 100 Hottest Women of all Time.
- In May 2011, the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society decided to change the name of their interceptor vessel from MV Gojira to MV Brigitte Bardot in recognition of her activism work for the foundation.
- In 1989, her neighbor took her to court after she castrated his donkey while looking after it. She had claimed that his donkey had sexually harassed her donkey and mare.
- She has a battled depression problem all her life and has tried to commit suicide at least 6 times. Her last reported suicide attempt came in 1992.
- In 1999, she criticized Chinese president in an open letter published in a French magazine. She slammed his country for killing tigers, bears, and rhinos for the production of aphrodisiac products.
- In June 2000, she was slapped with a fine of 30,000 francs by the French court for her comments against Muslims in the book, Open Letter to My Lost France. She had earlier criticized slaughter of sheep during the festival of Eid al-Adha.
- When she initially learned about her breast cancer, she decided to refuse treatment, reasoning that it was her fate. She was later swayed by her close friend, Marina Vlady.
- In recognition of her influence in making Armação dos Búzios town popular, the Brazilian city erected a statue to honor her. She had visited Búzios in 1964 with her then Brazilian boyfriend, Bob Zagury.
- In 1974, she celebrated her 40th birthday by posing naked for the Playboy magazine.
- In 1997, the Empire UK magazine ranked her at the 49th spot in the list of “Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time.”
- Follow her on Twitter.