|Brigitte Macron Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1953|
Brigitte Macron is a French former teacher who is best known as the spouse of Emmanuel Macron, a French politician who assumed the role of the President of France in May 2017 – becoming the then-youngest president (aged 39) in French history. He was elected to a 2nd presidential term in 2022. Brigitte played an active role in Emmanuel’s 2017 presidential campaign, often assisting with his speeches and his public speaking skills.
Brigitte Marie-Claude Trogneux
Amiens, Somme, Hauts-de-France, France
Élysée Palace, Paris, Île-de-France, France
Brigitte has a Master of Arts degree and a secondary school teaching qualification in French language and literature.
- Father – Jean Georges Trogneux (Co-Owner of Chocolaterie Trogneux (now also known as Jean Trogneux), a chocolatier (a company that is involved in the manufacturing and selling of confectioneries (confectionery is the art of making food items that are rich in sugar and carbohydrates) made from chocolate) that has multiple shops across France and was founded in 1872 in the city of Amiens) (d. 1994)
- Mother – Simone Marie Madeleine Trogneux (née Pujol) (Co-Owner of Chocolaterie Trogneux) (d. 1998)
- Siblings – Jean-Michel Trogneux (Older Brother), Jean-Claude Trogneux (Older Brother) (d. November 2018), Maryvonne Trogneux (Older Sister) (d. February 1960), Monique Trogneux (Older Sister), Annie Trogneux (Older Sister)
- Others – Jean-Alexandre Trogneux (Nephew) (Owner of Chocolaterie Trogneux), Jean-Baptiste Trogneux (Grand Nephew), Arthur Étienne Jean-Baptiste Trogneux (Paternal Grandfather), Marguerite Lucie Charlier (Paternal Grandmother), Jean Pierre Pujol (Maternal Grandfather), Marie Louise Josèphe Bertin (Maternal Grandmother), Jean-Michel Macron (Father-in-Law) (Professor of Neurology), Françoise Macron (née Noguès) (Mother-in-Law) (Physician), Laurent Macron (Brother-in-Law) (Radiologist), Sabine Aimot (Co-Sister-in-Law) (Obstetrician-Gynecologist), Estelle Macron (Sister-in-Law) (Nephrologist), Carl Franjou (Co-Brother-in-Law) (Engineer), André Henri Gaston Macron (Grandfather-in-Law) (Railway Executive) (d. 2010), Jacqueline Marcelle Eugénie Macron (née Robertson) (Grandmother-in-Law) (d. 1998), Jean Gabriel Noguès (Grandfather-in-Law) (Former Teacher), Germaine Marie Noguès (née Arribet) (Grandmother-in-Law) (Former Teacher) (d. 2013), Hélène Joly (Stepmother-in-Law) (Psychiatrist), Guillaume Jourdan (Ex-Son-in-Law) (Radiologist), Christelle Auzière (Daughter-in-Law)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Brigitte has dated –
- André-Louis Auzière (1974-2006) – Brigitte got married to a banker named André-Louis Auzière on June 22, 1974. They have 3 children together – a son named Sébastien Auzière (b. 1975) (Engineer), and 2 daughters named Laurence Auzière-Jourdan (b. April 26, 1977) (Cardiologist) and Tiphaine Auzière (b. 1984) (Lawyer). Even though she began dating future French President Emmanuel Macron in late 1995, Brigitte divorced André-Louis only in January 2006. He passed away in December 2019. Through her aforementioned 3 children, Brigitte has 7 grandchildren including Paul Auzière and Camille Auzière.
- Emmanuel Macron (1995-Present) – In 1993, Emmanuel Macron fell in love with Brigitte, his high school teacher and 24 years his senior, while studying at a school in Amiens – a city and commune in northern France that is both Emmanuel’s and Brigitte’s birthplace. He was about 15 years old then and was taking drama classes under her. Brigitte was already married then and to complicate matters further, Laurence Auzière, her daughter, was Emmanuel’s classmate. Emmanuel’s attraction for his teacher alarmed his parents and they sent him away to the capital city of Paris to finish his studies. However, the pair reunited once he completed his graduation and started dating in late 1995, just after he turned 18. Brigitte and Emmanuel eventually tied the knot on October 20, 2007. The couple does not have any kids together but after the marriage, Emmanuel became a stepfather to Brigitte’s 3 children – including Sébastien (2 years older than him) and Laurence (his classmate in high school).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
She is primarily of French descent but also has some Catalan heritage through her maternal grandfather.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Charming smile
Brigitte Macron Facts
- In the 1980s, Brigitte used to teach literature at the Collège Lucie-Berger, a private school in Strasbourg, a city in northeastern France.
- In 1989, she contested for a seat in the city council of Truchtersheim, a commune in the Bas-Rhin department in northeastern France. Her bid was unsuccessful and she never ran for office again.
- By the early 1990s, Brigitte had returned to her hometown of Amiens where she taught French and Latin at Lycée la Providence, a private Catholic secondary school and technical college. This is where, in 1993, future French president Emmanuel Macron fell in love with her.
- Between 2007 and 2015, she taught at Lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, a highly selective Roman Catholic school located in Paris that was founded in 1894. It is regarded as one of the most prestigious private schools in France. Brigitte stopped teaching in 2015.
Featured Image by HighView Art / Instagram