|Bruce Greenwood Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1956|
Bruce Greenwood is a Canadian actor, voiceover artist, and producer who has worked extensively in the entertainment industry and has delivered some remarkable performances in shows and movies like Road to Avonlea, Thirteen Days, Star Trek, The Sweet Hereafter, The Summit, The Resident, Young Justice, I’m Not There, Being Julia, and Double Jeopardy.
Stuart Bruce Greenwood
Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Canada
He divides his time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- British Columbia, Canada
Bruce Greenwood studied at Magee Secondary School located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Later, he attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Hugh John Greenwood (Geophysicist, Geologist, Professor who taught at Princeton University)
- Mother – Mary Sylvia (Ledingham) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Lynn Greenwood (Younger Sister) (Activist), Kelly Greenwood (Younger Sister) (Nurse)
- Others – John Marshall “Jack” Greenwood (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Sampson (Paternal Grandmother), Ralph Allen Sampson (Paternal Great Grandfather), Ida Binney (Paternal Great Grandmother), John Proudfoot Ledingham (Maternal Grandfather), Alexander Proudfoot Ledingham (Maternal Great Grandfather), Mary Emma “Minnie” Hogg (Maternal Great Grandmother), Mary Christine Brooks (Maternal Grandmother)
Bruce Greenwood is managed by Binder & Associates, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bruce Greenwood has dated –
- Susan Devlin (1971-Present) – He started dating Susan Devlin around 1971 when they were both 15 years old and the duo eventually got married in the year 1985. They also parent a daughter named Breana Chloe Greenwood.
Race / Ethnicity
Bruce Greenwood is of Scottish, English, Cornish, and Irish descent.
- Deep smooth voice
- Sharp eyes
Bruce Greenwood Favorite Things
- Job – Working on a sailboat
Source – IMDb
Bruce Greenwood Facts
- He made his first TV show appearance in an episode titled The Witness of the adventure comedy-drama series, The Beachcombers in February 1977.
- In 2009, Bruce Greenwood starred as Captain Christopher Pike in the science fiction action film, Star Trek, alongside the likes of John Cho, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, and Winona Ryder. This role won him a Boston Society of Film Critics Award for “Best Cast” as well as a Broadcast Film Critics Association Award nomination in the “Best Cast” category.
- He has been cast as Dr. Randolph Bell, chief of surgery, in the American medical drama television series, The Resident.
- Previously, he auditioned for the role of Dr. Jeffrey Geiger in Chicago Hope and Mike Ryan in Almost Perfect.
- Bruce Greenwood enjoys singing, playing guitar, skiing, skydiving, sailing, and hiking in his free time.
- He is close friends with Norman Foote.
- Bruce has served as an executive producer for projects such as The Republic of Love and Donovan’s Echo.
- He has also provided vocals to a few characters on video games such as Overlord in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Bruce Wayne/Batman in Young Justice: Legacy.
Featured Image by The Pop Culture Geek Network / Flickr / CC BY 2.0