Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Her educational background mainly revolves around the field of dancing. After moving to Dominican Republic, she joined ECOS Espacio de Danza Academy (also known as Ritmos Espacio de Danza Academy) to learn different dance forms like jazz, Latin, ballet. This, she did until her 10th grade.
Then she returned to Queens, New York to perform in FACES as well as New York Youth Theater.
She is represented by these agencies –
- IMG Models – New York (as a model)
- ICM Partners (as an actress)
- Father – Aridio Saldaña
- Mother – Asalia Nazario
- Siblings – Cisley Saldaña Nazario (Sister), Mariel Saldaña Nazario (Sister)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriends / Spouse
- Keith Britton (2000-2011) – American actor and CEO of My Fashion Database, Keith Britton started dating Zoe in 2000. They engaged in June 2010 but this relationship didn’t go for too long after that time. They broke up their eleven years long relationship in November 2011. They are just good friends now.
- Bradley Cooper (2011-2012) – Another American actor, Cooper went on dating Saldana from 2011. But this was an ON again, OFF again kind of relationship. E Online confirmed their dating status. This duo also separated in 2012.
- Marco Perego (2013-Present) – She started dating Italian artist, Marco Perego in April 2013 and married him in June 2013. Marco is also nicknamed Pirate Perego due to his long hair and Johnny Depp like looks. She gave birth to twin sons, Bowie Ezio and Cy Aridio in November 2014. Her twins will be knowing both Spanish and English, as she (and her husband Marco) would be speaking both the languages in front of them.
Race / Ethnicity
33-25-32 in or 84-63.5-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She did advertisements for Calvin Klein and Roca Wear.
Zoe Saldana has had not talked about her religious beliefs, but she is most likely to be Catholic.
Best Known For
Playing Neytiri (Neytiri te Tskaha Mo’at’ite), the Na’vi chief’s daughter, in James Cameron’s Avatar (2009 film).
2000 American teen drama film Center Stage for her role as Eva Rodriguez. The movie revolves around the difficulties encountered in the professional dance.
First TV Show
In 1999, she appeared in just a single episode titled “Refuge” part 2, in American police procedural and legal drama television series, Law & Order.
For Colombiana movie in 2011, she hired a personal trainer, Steve Moyer, who is known for Moyer method. Though, he is training Saldana since 2009. She does a variety of exercises, which aims at different body parts like legs, abs, hips, etc. See which exercises are a part of her workout.
She is a foodie and hence can’t stop herself from eating foods from different areas/ regions. Due to which she needs to work out a lot. She says that she has opted for wrong business as a big food lover because she needs to stay in shape. See Zoe’s diet plan.
Zoe Saldana Favorite Things
- Food – NYC Chinese food, Mom’s cooked food
- Books that impacted her life – Go Tell It On The Mountain (by Paulo Coelho), Lucy (by Jamaica Kincaid), Different Seasons (by Stephen King), The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (by Junot Díaz)
Zoe Saldana Facts
- Her father is Dominican while her mother is Puerto Rican.
- English and Spanish are her first languages.
- When Zoe was just nine years old, her father died in a car accident.
- She has learned Jazz, ballet, and also modern Latin dance in the past.
- She has spent the majority of her early childhood, growing up in Queens, New York.
- Saldana is a celebrity supporter of FINCA (The Foundation for International Community Assistance) International, which is a non-profit microfinance organization.
- In 1995, she joined to become a member of FACES theater group in Brooklyn. She also joined New York Youth Theater.
- She has appeared on several magazine covers for various countries like China, Greece, France, Italy, South Africa, Spain, Russia, Singapore, UK, US, Mexico, Portugal, etc.
- Zoe has also done TV series like Six Degrees (2006-2007), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2004).
- According to NDTV, she likes doggy-style sex position the most.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.