|Bryce Maximus James Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 2007|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bryce Maximus James is an American basketball player who plays for the Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles and is better known as the son of basketball superstar LeBron James. His stellar attacking play in the AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) circuit, especially his shooting from behind the arc, along with his status as the son of LeBron, has often captured the attention of media outlets and has helped him receive offers from several NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I basketball programs.
Bryce Maximus James
Cuyahoga Falls, Summit County, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
As of December 2019, Bryce was attending middle school at Sierra Canyon School in Chatsworth, Los Angeles. Before joining Sierra Canyon, he had also studied at and played for a private K-12 school called Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California.
- Father – LeBron James (Professional Basketball player)
- Mother – Savannah James (Businesswoman, Philanthropist)
- Siblings – LeBron Raymone James Jr. (Older Brother) (Basketball Player), Zhuri James (Younger Sister)
- Others – Aaron McClelland Gamble (Paternal Uncle), Anthony McClelland (Paternal Grandfather), Gloria Marie James (Paternal Grandmother) (Socialite), Jennifer Brinson (Maternal Grandmother), Willie Lee James (Maternal Great Grandfather), Freda Marie Foreman (Maternal Great Grandmother) (d. 1987)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Side-cropped afro hairstyle
- Dimpled smile
- Lithe frame
Bryce Maximus James Facts
- As children growing up in a sporting household, both Bryce and his older brother LeBron James Jr. were interested in playing in multiple disciplines. However, their father prevented them from participating in sports such as American football, ice hockey, and soccer due to the potential of serious injuries.
- In August 2018, he and his family had moved to California and in May 2019, he shifted to Sierra Canyon School, a private school in Los Angeles with his older brother LeBron James Jr. and senior Zaire Wade. Zaire is the son of basketball superstar Dwyane Wade, a longtime teammate of LeBron James.
- LeBron, in media interactions, often calls Bryce the ‘best shooter in the household’ and the tag caught further media attention after a video of Bryce repeatedly pulling up from downtown and scoring 3-pointers for the North Coast Blue Chips (his AAU team) went viral.
- Critics and talent scouts often liken Bryce’s appreciable start-stop change of pace in the open floor to both his father and his older brother. He is also regarded as having athleticism and ball-handling skills that are comparable to athletes in their late teens.
- After a December 2018 game, LeBron posted a video on Instagram, of him giving a pep talk to Bryce. Although Bryce’s team had won the game, he was a little despondent as he had not shot well in the game. Although the video was widely appreciated for being an example of good parenting, the duo also received criticism from some quarters as people felt that the pep talk was staged to capture media eyeballs and such publicity was unnecessarily exposing a young Bryce to scrutiny that other kids of his age would not have to handle.
Featured Image by Bryce Maximus James / Instagram