|Burna Boy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1991|
Burna Boy is a Nigerian Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter who came to prominence with the release of his single Like to Party. Besides that, he is also known for the release of his album L.I.F.E (2013).
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Burna studied at Corona Secondary School in Agbara.
- Father – Samuel Ogulu
- Mother – Bose Ogulu (Singer)
- Siblings – Jesse Ogulu (Twin Brother), Nissi Ogulu (Sister)
- Others – Benson Idonije (Grandfather) (Music Critic, Broadcaster)
Afro-Fusion, Reggae, Dancehall
Burna Boy signed with Bad Habit, Atlantic Records, and Warner Music Records in 2017.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Burna Boy has dated –
- Stefflon Don (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian descent.
- He sports a full beard.
- He wears a set of shiny slip-on teeth while performing.
Burna Boy Facts
- He was brought up in Nigeria.
- Burna’s mother is also a professional singer who later turned to be Burna’s manager.
- His father worked as a manager at a welding company.
- Burna’s grandfather was once the manager of a multi-instrumentalist musician, composer, and the pioneer of the Afrobeat music genre Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
- He used the software FruityLoops during his early years to create music.
- After completing his schooling in Agbara, he decided to shift to London to complete his studies.
- On August 12, 2013, Burna released his debut album titled L.I.F.E. The album consisted of a total of 20 songs of which 5 were bonus tracks. A few of the hit tracks in his album are Like to Party, Tonight, Always Love You, Run My Race, and Yawa Dey. The album featured various well-known artists like 2face Idibia, M.I, Timaya, Olamide, Reminisce, and Wizkid.
- After the release of his first album in 2013, Burna founded his very own record label titled Spaceship Entertainment in 2015. Thereafter, he released 3 other albums until 2020 titled On a Spaceship (2015), Outside (2018), African Giant (2019)
- He once stated in an interview that his music is a blend of many genres like afrobeat, dancehall riddims, reggae, American rap, and R&B.
- Burna has bagged many accolades including Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Soundcity MVP Awards Festival, BET Awards, and MTV Europe Music Awards.
- He once stated in an interview that it was his interest in comic books that made him make up his stage name “Burna Boy.” He also wanted to be a super-hero as a child.
- Burna would like to master the skill of playing the guitar.
- In June 2022, he paid tribute to late Indian singer Sidhu Moose Wala while performing on stage.
Featured Image By GQ / Instagram