|Cain Velasquez Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1982|
|Spouse||Michelle Julia Borquez|
Cain Velasquez is an American professional wrestler and former mixed martial artist who is best known for his stint with the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) where he was a 2-time UFC Heavyweight Champion. He had retired from mixed martial arts in 2019 with a 14-3 win-loss record (12-3 in UFC). Later that year, he had started his professional wrestling career, first with the Mexican Lucha Libre promotion AAA and then with the American promotion WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.). In April 2020, WWE had released him due to budget cuts resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. He holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Cain Ramirez Velasquez
Cardio Cain, Sea-Level Cain
Salinas, Monterey County, California, United States
San Jose, California, United States
Cain had attended the Kofa High School in Yuma, Arizona. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Iowa Central Community College, a public community college in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
After about a year there, he had taken a transfer the Arizona State University, a public research university in Phoenix, Arizona. He had graduated from there in 2006 with a bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies.
Professional Wrestler, Professional Mixed Martial Artist (Retired)
- Father – Efraín Velasquez
- Mother – Isabel Velasquez
- Siblings – Efraín Velasquez, Jr. (Brother), Adela Velasquez (Sister)
He is represented by Mike Fonseca, Manager and Booking Agent, Excel Sports Management, Athlete Management and Marketing Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
Cain Velasquez’s net worth had been $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
109 kg or 240.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cain has dated –
- Michelle Julia Borquez (2005-Present) – Cain had started dating Michelle Julia Borquez in 2005 and the couple got married on May 28, 2011, in a ceremony in Tempe, Arizona. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Coral Love Velasquez (b. 2009) and a son (b. 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican (Spanish, Indigenous) descent.
- Toned physique
- Clean-shaven look
- Has the phrase ‘Brown Pride’ tattooed on his upper chest
- Has an elaborate tattoo on his right side
Cain Velasquez Facts
- His father had moved to the United States from Sonora, Mexico, as an illegal immigrant. Cain’s mother was born in the United States to a Mexican family and marrying her had helped Cain’s father attain American citizenship.
- At Kofa High School, he had wrestled for 4 years and had amassed an impressive 110–10 win-loss record. During this time, he had also won the 5A Arizona Wrestling Championship twice. For 3 of those 4 years, he had also played American football for his school team as a linebacker. He had even served as captain of both the wrestling and football teams at his school.
- During his time at the Iowa Central Community College, he had won the NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association) Championship in the heavyweight division. At the Arizona State University, wrestling for the Arizona State Sun Devils for 3 seasons, he had accumulated an 86–17 win-loss record.
- In March 2022, he had been charged with attempted murder after he had allegedly shot at a man who had allegedly molested one of Cain’s young relatives.
Featured Image by Cain Velasquez / Instagram