|Caitlin FitzGerald Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1983|
Caitlin FitzGerald is an American actress and filmmaker who is well-known for her portrayal as Libby Masters in the mega-popular Showtime drama series Masters of S*x wherein she starred alongside actors Lizzy Caplan and Michael Sheen. She also rose to fame after joining the main cast of STARZ’s series Sweetbitter as the elusive Simon wherein she acted alongside actress Ella Purnell. Being the versatile actress that she is, FitzGerald has also made notable appearances on several top-billed television series and movies including Love Simple, Gossip Girl, It’s Complicated, Damsels in Distress, Blue Bloods, and Newlyweds.
In 2012, she starred and co-wrote the screenplay of the independent movie, Like the Water which was shot in Maine. The film was inspired by her real-life friend and former Riley School classmate, Sabrina Seelig. After that, she was given more roles in movies which included Matthew Watts’s film Mutual Friends in 2013 and another indie comedy film Adult Beginners in 2014. In 2017, FitzGerald joined the main cast of the adventure-drama film The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot, directed by Robert Krzykowski and was released in 2018.
Camden, Maine, United States
She was a boarding student at the Concord Academy situated in Massachusetts, United States. Fitzgerald later graduated from NYU‘s Tisch School of the Arts where she studied drama at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting.
In the pursuance of her interest in acting, she also studied Shakespeare at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – Des FitzGerald (Former CEO of the ContiSea unit of the multinational corporation ContiGroup, Founder of Ducktrap River Fish Farm Inc.)
- Mother – Pam Allen (Author, Founder of Quince & Co)
- Siblings – Ryan FitzGerald (Younger Brother)
- Others – Alexander FitzGerald (Half-Brother), Cooper FitzGerald (Half-Brother), Desmond FitzGerald (Paternal Grandfather), Frances FitzGerald (Aunt)
Caitlin FitzGerald is represented by –
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Caitlin FitzGerald has dated –
- Michael Sheen (2013) – Caitlin FitzGerald reportedly dated her Masters of S*x co-star, Michael Sheen in 2013. However, the two had never openly admitted about the real score and both sides have also been low-key about their personal lives outside work. Therefore, it is not certain on whether or not they really had a relationship in the first place.
- Aidan Turner (2017-Present) – She first met Irish actor, Aidan Turner on the set of The Man Who Killed Hitler & Then the Bigfoot in Massachusetts in 2017. The couple later started dating. They confirmed their relationship by making their first public appearance together during the premiere of The Man Who Killed Hitler & Then the Bigfoot in 2018. In March 2021, it came to light that they had secretly married in Italy in August 2020. Later, in February 2022, Caitlin was seen pushing a baby stroller in London which further sparked rumors of their first baby.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Thin Lips
- Fair Skin Tone
- Diamond-shaped Face
- Roman Nose
Best Known For
Her role as Libby Masters in the mega-popular Showtime drama series Masters of S*x from 2013 to 2016
In 2008, she made her theatrical film debut as Wellesley in the comedy film, A Jersey Christmas.
First TV Show
In 2008, FitzGerald made her first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Anna Bleers / Natalie Bleers.
She’s born with a naturally slender body type. In an interview in 2018, FitzGerald shared a handful of details about her “ideal food” on regular days and from the looks of it, she seems to be a healthy eater.
For breakfast, she preferred avocado toast with a poached egg on top. In between shootings, she revealed that she would often ask for an omelet paired with lots of veggies and avocado. For lunch, she’d usually have a large serving of salad with proteins and apple cider vinegar as the main dressing. For dinner, FitzGerald used to have salmon and veggies if she was in the mood for a healthier option, while, pasta and wine were her usual dinner if she’s being “joyful”.
On the side note, she did not specifically mention any food she dislikes but later in the interview, FitzGerald revealed that she really tries to avoid eating “a lot” of processed foods.
Caitlin FitzGerald Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs, Cats
- Hobbies – Traveling
- Recreational Sports – Bowling
- Fashion Style – Tomboy Chic, Minimalist
- Hair Product – The Wet Brush
- Foods – Cake, Lot of “greens”, coffee or black tea
- Beauty Products – RMS beauty’s mascara and concealer, NARS matte lip pencils
- City And Restaurants For Food – Maine and Portland for lobsters, New York for everything, Paris for pastries, cheese, and wine, Istanbul for a full Turkish breakfast, Florence for pasta and negronis, and London for clotted cream and a Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding and horseradish
Source – InStyle.com, TheNewPotato.com, Twitter.com
Caitlin FitzGerald Facts
- She owns a dog named Charlie.
- The five closet staples that she couldn’t live without are black ankle boots, jeans, a huge sweater, and a long soft scarf.
- As of July 2019, she has joined the cast of the biographical film Spinning Gold directed by Timothy Scott Bogart.
- Growing up with a strong interest in acting, she had performed in many community theatres and school productions.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0