|Candace Nelson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1974|
Candace Nelson is an Indonesian pastry chef, TV personality, author, and former investment banker who is known for having served as a judge on television shows like Cupcake Wars and Sugar Rush. In addition to that, she has also accumulated a huge fan base on social media and enjoys more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 25k followers on not Facebook and Twitter.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Candace Nelson studied at Wesleyan University located in Middletown, Connecticut and has also attended Tante Marie Culinary Academy‘s Professional Pastry Program in San Francisco.
Pastry Chef, TV Personality, Former Investment Banker, Author
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Candace Nelson has dated –
- Charles Nelson
Race / Ethnicity
Candace Nelson is of French-American descent.
- Lean physique
- Deep-set eyes
- Toothy smile
Candace Nelson Facts
- She has inherited the art of baking from her family and her grandmother was well-known for her desserts that she created at her San Francisco restaurant in the 1930s.
- Before Candace Nelson began with her pursuits as a baker, she used to work as an investment banker. However, she decided to focus more on baking after the dot-com bust, a stock market bubble.
- One day, she realized that it was “time for cupcakes to stop being the backup dancer to cakes” and eventually, she founded the Beverly Hills, California-based cupcake bakery chain, named Sprinkles Cupcakes, in 2004.
- Some of her fans include Oprah Winfrey, Blake Lively, Katie Holmes, Ryan Seacrest, Tom Cruise, and Serena Williams.
- Candace Nelson released her cookbook titled The Sprinkles Baking Book, in October 2016.
- Apart from the usual cupcakes, her area of expertise also lies in making vegan and gluten-free cupcakes and dog-food cupcakes.
- Candace Nelson and her cupcakes have been featured on a number of shows, magazines, and editorials which include The Oprah Winfrey Show, Bon Appetit magazine, Food & Wine, People magazine, The Today Show, Nightline, The Martha Stewart Show, Masterchef Season 10, The New York Times, and the Los Angeles Times.
Featured Image by Candace Nelson / Instagram