|Carl Clemons-Hopkins Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Carl Clemons-Hopkins is an American actor, producer, stage artist, and voice actor. They have been cast in roles like Marcus in the comedy-drama series Hacks, Sean Richter in the NBC medical drama series Chicago Med, Jameson in the supernatural slasher film Candyman, Bobby in the thriller drama film Canal Street, and Jean in the drama series The Chi. Some of the other projects Carl Clemons-Hopkins has worked on include La méduse rouge, Range Runners, Christmas Dreams, Next, and I Am the Mountain, You Are the Water’s Edge.
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
Carl Clemons-Hopkins studied at a high school in Snellville, Georgia.
Actor, Producer, Voice Actor, Stage Artist
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Carl Clemons-Hopkins is of African-American descent.
Carl Clemons-Hopkins Facts
- Carl’s pronouns are they/he.
- Clemons-Hopkins became passionate about working in television and films after watching the 2016 coming-of-age drama film Moonlight and they wrote in their journal, “I know there will never be another Moonlight, but if there’s another opportunity like this, I want to be ready.”
- Alongside Jean Smart and Hannah Einbinder, they started co-starring as Marcus, Deborah’s chief operating officer, in the comedy-drama streaming television series Hacks in 2021. For this role, Carl Clemons-Hopkins was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series” category.
- Before they booked the part in Hacks, Clemons-Hopkins had planned to stop acting and was looking forward to applying for business school.
- They appeared as Jameson in the 2021 supernatural slasher film Candyman, starring Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Colman Domingo, Kyle Kaminsky, and Vanessa Williams.
Featured Image by Carl Clemons-Hopkins / Instagram