|Carlos Brathwaite Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1988|
Carlos Brathwaite is a Barbadian professional cricketer, TV personality, and entrepreneur. He is best known as a former captain on the West Indies T20I team, where he made his debut in October 2011. Nationally, he gained prominence playing for Barbados starting in 2011, as well as Delhi Daredevils (2016-2017), Khulna Titans (2018), and Kolkata Knight Riders (2019).
Carlos Ricardo Brathwaite
Christ Church, Barbados
He attended Combermere School in Waterford, St. Michael, Barbados.
Professional Cricketer, Entrepreneur, TV Personality
- Father – Chesterfield Brathwaite
- Mother – Joycelyn Brathwaite
- Siblings – Riana Brathwaite (Younger Sister)
Carlos Brathwaite is represented by Trident Sports (Company) in Barbados.
Right-Arm Fast Medium
26 – West Indies
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carlos Brathwaite has dated –
- Jessica Felix “Purple” Brathwaite – He is married to a psychologist, Jessica Felix Brathwaite.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Pointy ears
Carlos Brathwaite has endorsed brands such as –
- Homebody England
- Anytime Fitness UK
- RAW NATION
- Ooty London
- Phuzion Performance
- The Last of SIX
- BLENDED Events
- Custom Cricket Shoes
He also founded an initiative to raise funds and awareness for cancer survivors, Project Ricky.
Carlos Brathwaite Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – Manchester United
- Manchester United Matches – 2007 Quarter-Final Win Against Roma With A Score of 7-1, 2008 Champions League Win
- Cuisine – Japanese
- Personal Quotes – “Own the moment!”, “Remember the name!”, “VaVaVoom!”
Carlos Brathwaite Facts
- He shares his birthday with his dad.
- His mother is a breast cancer survivor.
- Carlos attended the same school as a fellow cricketer, Kraigg Brathwaite. They are not related in any way.
- Rihanna also attended the same school and they shared a classroom in the 1st and 4th forms.
- His favorite goals by Manchester United soccer club were both scored by Cristiano Ronaldo. One he scored as a free-kick against Portsmouth in 2008 and the other against Arsenal in the semi-finals of the 2009 Champions League.
- Carlos spent a few years playing cricket with Leinster Cricket Club based in Dublin, Ireland. He also helped them win Bob Kerr Irish Senior Cup in 2009.
- In 2011, after he made his debut against Trinidad and Tobago, Carlos took 26 wickets in 8 1st-class games.
- Delhi Daredevils bought him at the IPL auction in April 2016 for INR 4.2 crores or around $580k at the time. This was 14 times his base price at the auction, INR 3 million or around $41.5k.
- In his World Cup debut playing for West Indies playing against England in 2016, he hit 4 sixes in a row off an upset Ben Stokes. He came very close to beating Yuvraj Singh‘s record of 6 sixes, achieved in a World Cup T20 Match off Englishman Stuart Broad in 2007.
- After he took 3 wickets and conceded 23 runs in just 4 overs, Carlos’s achievements helped West Indies win 2016 ICC World Twenty20 and their 2nd title.
- He scored his 1st century in ODIs at the 2019 Cricket World Cup against New Zealand on June 22, 2019. However, he was inconsolable after they beat his team by 5 runs, with a score of 291 to West Indies’ 286, and stated they were just “2 or 3 yards from being victorious.”
- Carlos replaced Darren Sammy as the team captain of the West Indies T20I squad after only playing 8 T20 Internationals.
- He bought a brand new white Range Rover car in May 2019.
- Carlos has a Japanese Shiba Inu dog named Nala Brathwaite.
- His role model is a former cricketer Rahul Sharad Dravid.
- If he could compare himself as a cricketer to someone who is a soccer player, he would pick Paul Pogba.
Featured Image by Carlos Brathwaite / Instagram