|Samia Ghadie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1982|
Samia Ghadie is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Maria Connor in Coronation Street, Sara in There’s Only One Jimmy Grimble, Jane in Adam’s Family Tree, Marianne in Life Force, and Emma Hayes in The Cops. In addition to that, she has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Cracker, Children’s Ward, Heartbeat, Doctors, Children in Need, and many more. She also participated in the 8th series of Dancing on Ice in 2013.
Samia Maxine Ghadie
Eccles, Greater Manchester, England
- Father – Joseph Ghadie (Deceased)
- Mother – Patsy Ghadie (Actress)
- Siblings – Tariq Ghadie (Brother)
She is managed by CAM Talent Agency
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samia Ghadie has dated –
- Matthew Smith (2004-2011) – Samia Ghadie dated and subsequently married Matthew Smith, who is a property developer, on September 10, 2005. The marriage was followed by a seven-month-long engagement. They have one daughter named Freya Ghadie who was born on October 19, 2009. However, the couple got divorced on November 4, 2011.
- Will Thorp (2011-2012) – Samia began dating English actor Will Thorp, during the shooting of Coronation Street, for the duration from September 2011 to December 2012. The couple eventually went their separate ways.
- Sylvain Longchambon (2013-Present) – Samia married French professional ice skater Sylvain Longchambon in August 2016 in Gary Barlow’s lavish Cheshire home. They met while they competed together on the 8th series of Dancing on Ice in 2013. The couple got engaged in May 2015 and has a son named Yves Joseph Longchambon who was born on September 24, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French-Lebanese heritage from her father’s side.
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Maria Connor on ITV soap opera Coronation Street. She first started playing this character in 2000.
Samia’s first feature film appearance was on Bob’s Weekend in 1996, where she played the character of Kimberley’s friend at the age of 14.
First TV Show
Samia made her acting debut on TV with the series Cracker in 1994 at the young age of 11. She appeared in just 1 episode “The Big Crunch” as Rosie.
She works out for 10-40 minutes (at least 3 times a week) and apart from training with her husband, she also does routines from Fitness Blender. She also tries to eat healthy 80% of the time with a few treats every now and then.
Samia’s husband Sylvain Longchambon has been her personal trainer. With his background as a professional skater and athlete, he has devised an exercise plan for Samia.
Samia Ghadie Favorite Things
- TV Show – Dinner Date
- Perfume – Vera Wang or Laura Mercier L’Heure Magique
- Clothes Shop – Zara
- Beauty product – Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Brush
Samia Ghadie Facts
- Her father died of cancer on April 14, 2009, six months before she had her first child.
- She loves cooking and baking and has learned Lebanese cooking since her dad was of Lebanese origin.
- She nabbed the part of Maria Sutherland on Coronation Street at the age of 17.
- During her first pregnancy, she worked on Coronation Street till she was 8 months pregnant and returned after 5 months of giving birth to resume her role on the show.
- Similarly, with her second child, she took maternity leave at 7 months pregnant and returned after 5 months of giving birth.
- She competed against and beat Suzanne Shaw and Kimberley Walsh to land the role of Maria Sutherland in Coronation Street.
- She impersonated Holly Valance and won the episode of Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes (a show where contestants impersonate famous stars).
- She suffered a concussion while pre-series training of Dancing on Ice.
- She was voted as the Sexiest Female in 2005 by the readers of Inside Soap Magazine.
- She bought herself a white Audi Q5 for competing on Dancing on Ice to celebrate her hard work on the show.
- She nearly knocked Barbara Knox’s (her co-star on Coronation Street) head off with an old-fashioned dryer once.
- She got a boob job done in 2013 to add more curves to her svelte figure and feel more like a woman.
- Samia banned her mother Patsy from attending her wedding to Sylvain Longchambon after a fallout with her mum.
Featured Image by Racklever / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0