|Caroline Pennell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1995|
Caroline Pennell is an American singer, songwriter, and musician, best known for being a contestant, and reaching the Top 8 at the reality singing competition The Voice in 2013 before being eliminated. She sang Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding in her debut, blind performance, which led CeeLo Green and Blake Shelton to turn their chairs. This meant they wanted to mentor her through the competition, and she chose CeeLo. Following Caroline’s success on the TV show, on December 1, 2013, she released her debut, independent EP album titled The Race that she wrote and co-produced herself.
It received great praise by both the audience and the critics, which led to her being noticed by the CEO of Nettwerk Music Group and signed to the label in 2014. After multiple guest appearances on other artists’ projects, Caroline worked with the producer duo The Gifted on singles Drive Me Home, Little, and Patient, which later ended up on her 2nd EP album titled Phases, released on January 12, 2018. At that time, she started attracting attention on social media and has more than 60k followers on Twitter.
Caroline Ades Pennell
Saddle River, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Caroline attended Wandell Elementary School in Saddle River, New Jersey, United States. After graduating, she enrolled in Ramsey High School in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States, and graduated in 2014.
Caroline then attended Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States, but dropped out after 1.5 years in order to focus on her music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Keith Pennell
- Mother – Bonnie Pennell
- Siblings – Bailey Pennell (Younger Sister), Lucy Pennell (Younger Sister), Davis Pennell (Younger Brother)
Pop, Indie Pop, Indie Folk
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Nettwerk Music Group
5 ft 2.5 in or 159 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Caroline Pennell prefers to keep her dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Blonde hair
- Short physique
- Multiple tiny tattoos
Caroline Pennell hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Getting into the top 8 music performers on the 5th season of a TV musical competition The Voice (2013)
- Her EP albums, The Race (2013), and Phases (2018)
As a Singer
Caroline released her debut EP album titled The Race that she wrote and co-produced herself on December 1, 2013, consisting of 5 songs – Nobody’s Home, The Race, Reaching Out, Tell Myself, and Mess.
After joining the Nettwerk Music Group, she was featured on the album From Cover to Cover: 30 Years at Nettwerk with a cover of the song Yellow by Coldplay in 2015.
Caroline Pennell was credited as a performer of the song Leaving on a Jet Plane (Breaks Remix) on the TV series The Neighbors in 2014 and was a music performer of the song Follow the Sun in a drama movie To the Bone (2017), as well as the song We’re Going To Be Friends in the movie Wonder (2017).
On January 12, 2018, she released her 2nd EP album, titled Phases, under Nettwerk Music Group recording label. It consisted of 7 songs – Drive Me Home, Little, Water, Teenage Sacrifice, Patient, Every Time I Go Home, and Lovesick in collaboration with Felix Snow.
First TV Show
Caroline Pennell made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode titled Blind Auditions Premieres of the singing competition The Voice in 2013.
Caroline Pennell Favorite Things
- Food – Cake
- Place – Beach
- Animal – Cow
- Inspiration – Regina Spektor, Ingrid Michaelson, Ben Folds
- Album – Lungs by Florence and the Machine
- Song by Florence and the Machine – No Light, No Light
- Personal Quote – “Everything happens for a reason.”
Caroline Pennell Facts
- She was surrounded by music during her childhood, which led to music becoming a huge part of her life, and later a career choice.
- During The Voice competition in 2013, Caroline sang As Long as You Love Me by Justin Bieber, We’re Going to Be Friends by the rock duo The White Stripes, as well as Leaving on a Jet Plane by Peter Paul and Mary.
- Her last performance on The Voice was on November 25, 2013. It was a song titled Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine, after which she lost the votes to another contestant and left the show.
- The best advice anyone gave her was to be nice to everyone.
- Caroline began singing in the shower when she was a kid and said that she will never stop.
- If she were a dessert, she would be an apple pie.
- She moved from New Jersey to Los Angeles, California, in March 2016. She was 20 years old, and decided to move completely alone, but had blessings and the support of her family.
- Caroline would simply hide if she found herself in the arena of The Hunger Games (2012).
- The favorite song that she performed on The Voice (2013) was Royals by Lorde, which she sang in duet with Tessanne Chin, who ultimately won the competition.
- The song Patient from the EP album Phases (2018) featured a solo piano, which she co-wrote with her 1st music teacher, Jay Stolar. She said the song was very personal, and that it summed up who she wanted to be, and what she wanted to accomplish in life.
- As part of the non-competition performance, she sang Lego House by Ed Sheeran with 3 other contestants, while in the finals, Caroline performed a classic song by Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody, this time with 4 other contestants.
- After getting signed in 2014, she was featured on the Nettwerk Music Group‘s special album From Cover to Cover: 30 Years at Nettwerk, officially released in early 2015. Besides her cover of the Coldplay’s song Yellow, she also did a cover of the song Come and Get It, which originated from the movie The Magic Christian (1969).
- The song Come and Get It was written by Paul McCartney, a singer and bass guitarist of the rock band The Beatles. He featured Caroline’s performance of the song on the pop music EP titled Music for Linda, which he created specifically to raise funds for Women and Cancer Fund in April 2014.
- Her favorite clothing item was the one she wore on November 11, 2013, when she sang Wake Me Up by Avicii.
- Caroline was featured on the song These Heights, performed with Bassjackers and Lucas & Steve in 2017.
- On April 6, 2018, she released a single titled Blue (West Coast Massive Remix), which brought a more upbeat, house music vibe to her songs.
- Caroline sang and appeared in the music video for the song Wake up for the Night, also featuring singer Alyx Ander, which was released in December 2017.
- She collaborated with BoTalks, a singer, on his dance singles Forget It and F**k It in 2018.
- Caroline released a single titled Turbulence on March 30, 2018, in collaboration with Cody Lovaas, a well-known pop artist.
- 3 of the songs that she competed with on The Voice were ranked on the Billboard Hot Rock Songs chart in 2013. We’re Going To Be Friends peaked at the 16th spot, Dog Days Are Over peaked at the 26th spot, while The Way I Am reached number 27.
- Visit her official website @ carolinepennell.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Caroline Pennell / Instagram