|Sarah Shahi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1980|
Sarah Shahi is an American TV actress who is known for being cast as Kate Reed in the USA Network’s legal drama series Fairly Legal from 2011 to 2012. She has also played other characters like Sonya Aragon on The Sopranos, Killer Frost in Young Justice, and Mara Kint in Reverie. Apart from her acting career, she has served as a cheerleader for NFL as well. She has also appeared in various movies which include Old School, Crossing Over, Divine Access, and Hangman.
Aahoo Jahansouz Shahi
Euless, Texas, United States
She is based in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Sarah Shahi went to the Trinity High School in her hometown of Euless. After graduating high school, she got enrolled at the Southern Methodist University. She had decided to major in Theatre and English but she didn’t complete her university studies and decided to drop out in the sophomore year to pursue her aspirations to become an actress.
- Father – Abbas Jahansouz Shahi
- Mother – Mah Monir Soroush Azar (Interior Designer)
- Siblings – Cyrus Shahi (Older Brother), Samantha Shahi (Younger Sister)
- Others – Fath-Ali Shah Qajar (Great-Great-Grandfather) (Former King of Iran)
Sarah Shahi is represented by –
- McKeon-Myones Management
- Imprint PR (Publicist)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Shahi has dated –
- Steve Howey (2004-2020) – Sarah Shahi started going out with actor Steve Howey in August 2004. They had grown close while working on the TV series, Reba. Sarah was cast in a guest role, while Howey was a part of the main cast. Soon, they started dating and got engaged in June 2007. They were vacationing in Hawaii and he decided to give her a pleasant surprise. They got married in a lavish wedding ceremony in February 2009. In July 2009, she gave birth to their first son, William Wolf Howey. In March 2015, she gave birth to twins, son Knox Blue and daughter Violet Moon, at their home in Los Angeles. They filed for divorce in May 2020 and their divorce was finalized in January 2021.
- Adam Demos (2020-Present) – Sarah and actor Adam Demos confirmed their relationship on Instagram on December 31, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Sarah is of Iranian descent on her father’s side and of Iranian and Spanish descent on her mother’s side.
- Sharp Nose
- High Cheekbones
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Kate Reed in the legal drama TV series, Fairly Legal, from 2011-2012
- Being cast in the role of Sameen Shaw in the CBS crime drama series, Person of Interest
- Having made appearances in the popular TV series such as Supernatural, The Sopranos, and Chicago Fire
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Dr. T and the Women. However, her work in the movie wasn’t credited.
Her first credited theatrical appearance was made as Shirin in the thriller, Extreme Honor, in 2001.
First TV Show
In 2000, Sarah Shahi made her first TV show appearance in an episode named Shock Treatment, of the American sitcom, City Guys.
Sarah Shahi regularly hits the gym to keep herself in perfect shape. For her strength training sessions, she relies on circuit style workouts in which she performs a series of exercises one after another without any rest in between. Apart from strength training, she also relies on dance style workouts to further boost her fitness.
Sarah Shahi Facts
- In 2005, she was included by Maxim Magazine in their Hot 100 list at the 90th spot. The following year, she managed to improve her position and finish at the 66th position in the similar list.
- While studying in high school, she was a member of the volleyball team. In fact, she was the captain of the team.
- She adopted Sarah as her first name while she was in second grade. It was inspired by a song by Irish rock band Thin Lizzy. She was regularly harassed by other children because of her unusual and hard-to-pronounce name.
- When she turned 8, her parents started enrolling her in beauty pageants.
- While studying at Southern Methodist University, she was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega, a women’s fraternity.
- In 1997, she managed to win the Miss Fort Worth beauty pageant.
- Without any prior experience of cheerleading, she decided to audition for a place in Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. She was selected and performed for them from 1999 to 2000.
- Just after she had quit university in 2000, she managed to impress Robert Altman, who was in Dallas, and he then cast her as an extra in his movie, Dr. T and the Women.
- Altman also told her that she had talent and advised her to move to Los Angeles if she wanted to grab better acting opportunities.
- Sarah decided to move to Los Angeles in 2000.
- She is a huge firearms aficionado. She handles weapons on her own for her acting commitments.
- She worked in a number of theatre productions while she was in the university. She was even cast in a production of the iconic play, Chicago.
- Sarah was initially cast in a guest role in Person of Interest. However, her impressive performances and the popularity of her character led to the producers making her a part of the regular cast by the third season of the TV series.
- When she had auditioned for the role of Carmen de la Pica Morales for The L Word, she wasn’t sure whether she wanted the role as she was required to shoot some intimate scenes with other women. However, the role turned out to be her first big breakthrough.
- Visit her official website @ sarahshahi.com.
- Follow Sarah on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+.
Featured Image by Frantogian / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0