|Ines Rau Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ines Rau is a French model, actress, and activist whose fame skyrocketed as she became the first transgender Playmate for Playboy. Over the years, she has worked with numerous brands and designers like Maison Margiela, Balmain, and Nicole Miller and has also been featured in magazines such as Vogue. Moreover, she has also earned a huge fan base on social media as she enjoys more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Model, Activist, Actress
Ines Rau is represented by –
- Next Paris – Paris
- Modelwerk – Hamburg
- IMG Paris
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ines Rau has dated –
- Staiv Gentis
Race / Ethnicity
Ines Rau is of Algerian (North African) descent on her father’s side and has French roots on her mother’s side.
- Toned body
- Sharp facial features
10.5 (US) or 8 (UK) or 41 (EU)
Ines Rau has done endorsement work for several brands such as Barneys, Alexis Bittar, Balmain Hair, and Maison Margiela.
Ines Rau grew up in a Muslim household.
Ines Rau Favorite Things
- Foundation – Studio Fix MAC Foundation
- Tipsy Meal – Rustic chicken and vegetables
- Fragrance – Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford
Source – Into The Gloss
Ines Rau Facts
- She was identified as male at the time of her birth.
- Ines Rau was raised in Paris, France.
- She transitioned and underwent s*x reassignment surgery at the age of 16 after she was inspired by the life story of the English trans model Caroline “Tula” Cossey. Ines Rau’s parents were also supportive of her decisions.
- Although she started living as a woman after the surgery, she did not reveal her transgender identity until she was 24 years old.
- She was around 18 years old when she started dancing for DJs in Ibiza and that was when she became friends with DJ, music programmer, record producer, and songwriter, David Guetta.
- Soon after she revealed her identity as a transgender, Ines Rau posed n*de for the first time along with the American actor and model, Tyson Beckford, for the French luxury magazine, OOB.
- She made her fashion show debut by walking the ramp at the Hood by Air S/S 17 Show.
- Ines Rau has also walked the ramps for several brands and designers like Nicole Miller.
- She has campaigned actively for transgender rights.
- Ines has been featured in a number of editorials for magazines such as Candy Magazine, Playboy, 7TH Man Magazine, Vogue, etc.
- She appeared as “Playmate of the Month” in Playboy‘s November/December 2017 issue thus becoming the first openly transgender woman to achieve the feat.
- In 2019, Ines Rau was cast as Marcia in the drama series, Vernon Subutex, whose cast also comprised of actors such as Romain Duris, Florence Thomassin, Juana Acosta, and Antoine Paulin.
- She has also appeared on shows like C à vous, Les Terriens du samedi!, Salut les Terriens, and Quotidien.
Featured Image by Ines Rau / Instagram