|Celly Ru Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Celly Ru is an American rapper and songwriter. He gained prominence for his single Next Body On Me in 2014, featuring Mozzy and Philthy Rich.
Sacramento, California, United States
- Sacramento, California, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Bay Area, California, United States
Celly Ru attended Highlands High School in Sacramento, California, United States.
- Siblings – He has older brothers, one of whom is deceased.
- Others – He has a niece.
- Mozzy Records
- Empire Records
- Foeva East
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Celly Ru has a daughter born in April 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Goatee facial hair
10 (UK) or 11 (US) or 44 (EU)
Celly Ru Favorite Things
- Food Spots in California – Bossa Nova (Brazilian), Donna Marie (Mexican), The Cheesecake Factory
- Rapper – Jadakiss
- Color – Red
- Movie – Blue Streak (1999)
- Superhero – The Hulk
- Number – 34
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cookies And Cream
- Video Games – 2K
Source – YouTube
Celly Ru Facts
- He is from the East part of Sacramento, more precisely Lincoln Village. The hood is very close to Oak Park and he grew up on good terms with a lot of rappers from that area.
- He had no trouble picking his stage name because everyone called him Celly instead of Marcel from a young age.
- Celly Ru recorded his 1st song at the age of 15, influenced by his brother who got him to start writing rap songs.
- His father was his biggest role model, followed by his older brothers.
- A woman once ran him over with a car and broke his leg in 8 places. Doctors told him he would never play football or basketball, his favorite sports, but he recovered.
- He prefers basketball over football.
- Anyone that knows him knows that he’s been “in 1000s of accidents” but never suffered permanent consequences.
- One of his biggest motivations to become successful was never hearing about rappers from Lincoln Village or Rancho Cordova, which is often considered the same location.
- Celly Ru considers his song Pull Up to be his tipping point, which started “the buzz around the city”.
- When he started, he wrote about half of his lyrics at home or on his way to the studio.
- He is sometimes confused with a fellow American rapper, Marcellus “Celly Cel” McCarver, who is also from California.
- He has released well-known studio albums titled Foeva East III on June 22, 2018, Ru Gotti on June 6, 2019, and East Side Politics on March 24, 2020.
- Celly Ru has collaborated with rappers such as Lil Blood, Lil Pete, Teejay3k, $tupid Young, Young Greatness, YBN Nahmir, BabyFace Gunna, ALLBLACK, Lil Trev, Skar, Slimmy B, Rio Da Yng Og, and Yatta.
- The most expensive thing he lost was the entire studio equipment, a consequence of a car accident. He was driving the equipment to Las Vegas, Nevada while listening to Meek Mill and lost his focus. Even though he tried to avoid hitting the car in front, he lost control and the car flipped 6 times.
- Celly Ru used to use lean (purple drank), a recreational drug, but managed to quit.
- Celly Ru is not interested in purchasing expensive cars and jewelry.
- He loves steak, his favorite food, extra well-done. He doesn’t care where it came from and loves all types of steak.
- Celly Ru considers rapper Mozzy a brother, because being close to someone for more than a decade transcends friendship, according to him.
- If he could have one wish granted, he would bring his brother and his friend Marcus back to life, and would never ask for any materialistic things.
- He would describe himself in 3 words as “real ass nigga”.
- Celly Ru is a late-night person.
- He prefers ranch over ketchup.
- He prefers Nike over Adidas.
- Celly Ru admits to being bad at planning and being creative.
Featured Image by Celly Ru / Instagram