|Cenk Tosun Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1991|
Cenk Tosun started his soccer career with the youth setup of the German club, Eintracht Frankfurt. After struggling to get substantial starts at the club, he decided to move to Gaziantepspor. At Gaziantepspor, he started proving his worth as a strong and clever striker and managed to score 49 goals in 128 appearances. His great performances caught the eye of Besiktas and they snapped him up in the summer of 2014. However, he had to content himself with a place on the bench as he had Demba Ba and Mario Gomez ahead of him in the pecking order. He got his turn to shine in the 2016-17 season and he was brilliant as he led his side to the league title.
Everton, England, United Kingdom
Cenk Tosun polished his game at the youth academy of Eintracht Frankfurt.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Şenol Tosun
- Mother – Selma Tosun
- Siblings – Ayşen Tosun (Sister)
Cenk Tosun is represented by Ceylan Caliskan.
34 – Eintracht Frankfurt
9, 23 – Gaziantepspor
23 – Besiktas JK
14 – Everton FC
9, 17, 21 – Turkey National Team
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cenk Tosun has dated –
- Ece Akgürbüz – In 2016, Cenk Tosun got married to the Turkish beauty, Ece Akgürbüz. As per the reports in the Turkish media, they had been dating for quite some time before they decided to take their relationship to the next level.
Race / Ethnicity
Cenk Tosun has a personal endorsement deal with Nike. As per the clauses of the deal, he is required to wear Nike footwear for his matches and other professional commitments.
Best Known For
Being one of the finest Turkish strikers. He made his name with prolific performances for the Turkish giants, Besiktas. During his 4 seasons stint with Besiktas, he managed to win 2 domestic league titles.
First Soccer Match
In May 2010, he made his professional debut with Eintracht Frankfurt in a Bundesliga match against VfL Wolfsburg. He was sent in as a substitute in the 75th minute.
In July 2014, Tosun made his debut for Besiktas in UEFA Champions League qualifying 3rd round 1st leg match against Feyenoord. He was substituted in towards the end of the match.
In January 2018, he made his first appearance for Everton FC in a Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur, which his side lost by 4-0.
Tosun made his first international appearance for Turkish national team in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying match against the Netherlands in October 2013.
- Hold-up play
- Aerial ability
- Long Shots
- Lack of mobility
First TV Show
In 2011, Cenk Tosun made his first TV show appearance in the music reality series, O Ses Türkiye.
Cenk Tosun Favorite Things
- Basketball Player – Michael Jordan
- Idol – Gabriel Batistuta
Source – Wikipedia
Cenk Tosun Facts
- In January 2011, he moved to Gaziantepspor as the Turkish club paid a €400,000 transfer fee to Eintracht Frankfurt.
- He hit the ground running at Gaziantepspor as he managed to score 10 goals in 14 league appearances in his debut season at the club.
- Besiktas decided to pay around €500,000 to Gaziantepspor to acquire his services. Tosun decided to take 23 number shirt after Michael Jordan at his new club.
- He wasn’t able to establish himself in the starting lineup at Besiktas during his first 2 seasons with the club. He was behind Demba Ba and Mario Gómez in the pecking order.
- He finally managed to make himself a fixture in the starting line-up at the Turkish giants in the 2016-17 season. He scored 20 goals in 33 league appearances as he led his side to the league title.
- In the summer of 2017, he decided to turn down a move to the English club, Crystal Palace, as he wanted to win some more silverware at Besiktas.
- The English club, Everton, decided to dish out a transfer fee of £27 million as they sought to resolve their goalscoring problems in January 2018. He signed a 4-and-a-half-year contract with his new club.
- However, he couldn’t make an instant impact at his new club as he struggled to deal with the speed of the play in the English top flight. He also found it hard to adjust to the physicality as well.
- Before he decided to pledge his international allegiance to the Turkish national team, he had played for different German age group teams including Under-16, Under-18, Under-19, and Under-21.
- In June 2018, he was caught up in a controversy as he made a throat-slitting gesture towards a fan during Turkey’s friendly match against Tunisia. He had scored a penalty after which he ran towards the sideline to confront a fan and had to be restrained by his teammates.
- He was eventually shown a red card by the referee. He later defended his actions by claiming that he had seen an altercation involving his father breakout in the stands.
- His red card against Tunisia in the friendly match was the first red card of his career.
- He scored his first international goal in November 2015 in a friendly match against Qatar. His side went on to win the match by 2-1.
- In March 2018, he scored his first goal for Everton in a Premier League match against Burnley, which ended in a 2-1 defeat for his side.
- In a bid to ensure that he could shoot with his both feet, his father used to forbid him from using his right foot in some of the training sessions.
- Visit his official website @ cenk-tosun.com.
- Follow Cenk Tosun on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ultraslansi / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0