|Chandler Riggs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1999|
Chandler Riggs is an aspiring American actor and DJ who is best known for being cast as Carl Grimes in AMC’s The Walking Dead from 2010-2018. He has also starred in several films such as Jesus H. Zombie (2006), Get Low (2009), and Mercy (2014). Chandler has also won several awards such as the Satellite Award, Saturn Award, and Young Artist Award. Apart from being a distinguished actor, he is also an established DJ who is known under the title Eclipse. He has released several songs such as Hold On (2017), Dawn (2018), Lunar (2018), and Soar (2018). Chandler also has a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 4 million followers on Instagram, and 3 million plus followers on Facebook.
Chandler Carlton Riggs
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chandler was homeschooled for a couple of years and later sent off to study at Etowah High School in Woodstock, Georgia, where he completed his first year of high school.
In 2017, Chandler tweeted out to his fans stating that he had been accepted into the University of Georgia and Auburn University. However, he did not join both and instead move to Los Angeles to pursue his career in acting.
In the past, he also attended the Theater of Stars in Atlanta.
- Father – William Riggs
- Mother – Gina Ann Carlton (Real Estate Agent, Actress)
- Siblings – Grayson Riggs (Younger Brother)
- Others – William D. Riggs, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Betty Foss (Paternal Grandmother), Milton Eugene Carlton (Maternal Grandfather), Carol Ann Rothermel (Maternal Grandmother)
Chandler is represented by –
- Burstein Co.
- ICM Partners
Electronic, Dance, Dubstep
Dim Mak Records
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chandler has dated –
- Haleigh Hekking (2018-Present) – Model and social media star Haleigh Hekking and Chandler started dating one another in 2018. The duo enjoys spending their time together playing games and going on adventures.
Race / Ethnicity
Chandler has English, German, a bit of Scottish, and far off Welsh ancestry.
- Beautiful eyes
- Bony nose
Chandler has appeared in several commercials such as –
- Rooms to Go
- Cox Communications-Bundle
Through his social media, he has also endorsed several brands including Xbox.
Best Known For
- Starring as Carl Grimes on AMC’s The Walking Dead from 2010 to 2018 and PJ in A Million Little Things
- Being cast in several films such as Jesus H. Zombie (2006), Get Low (2009), and Mercy (2014), and Keep Watching (2017)
- Releasing many hit songs like Lunar (2018), Grime (2018), Soar (2018), Phoenix (2018), Dawn (2018), Into Oblivion (2018), Burns (2018), and Endeavor (2019)
- Winning multiple awards such as the Saturn Award, Satellite Award, and the Young Artist Award
- Gracing the cover of Entertainment Weekly (US) in their July 17, 2013 issue
As a Musician
Riggs released his debut single track titled Hold On (feat. Lolaby) in 2017 under his stage name Eclipse. He has also released several other songs via SoundCloud such as Lunar (2018), Grime (2018), Soar (2018), Phoenix (2018), Dawn (2018), Into Oblivion (2018), Burns (2018), and Endeavor (2019).
Chandler released an EP via SoundCloud titled Lunar with a compilation of 4 of his singles on February 5, 2018. The songs were Hold On, Lunar, Dawn, and Grime.
He has also played at some of the best music festivals such as the Fire Festival in 2019 and the EDC in 2018.
Riggs made his debut feature film appearance as Egon in Jesus H. Zombie in 2006.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Carl Grimes in AMC’s The Walking Dead in 2010.
As a voice actor, Chandler lent his voice to the character Carl Grimes in an episode of Robot Chicken in 2017.
Chandler’s active lifestyle does help him maintain a lean physique. Activities like mountain biking and swimming are rather great cardio exercises that help tone, condition, and strengthen every muscle in the body.
Chandler Riggs Favorite Things
- TV Show – Phinneas & Ferb
- Books – Looking for Alaska (2005) by John Green, Perks of Being A Wallflower (2012) by Stephen Chbosky
- Rapper At EDC Las Vegas In 2018 – Drake
- Movie – The Mist (2007), Super 8 (2011)
- Character On The Walking Dead – Michonne played by Danai Gurira
Chandler Riggs Facts
- Chandler’s middle name Carlton is his mother’s maiden name.
- Riggs was merely 4 years old when he started his career as an actor. Some of his earliest acting credits in a theater are The Wizard of Oz and Oklahoma the musical.
- At the age of 5, he made his debut feature film appearance in Jesus H. Zombie in 2006. It was also based on the dead.
- He made his first television appearance in the film The Wronged Man at the age of 10.
- Chandler’s appearance as Carl Grimes in AMC’s award-winning show The Walking Dead (2010-2018) was taken up by him when he was 10 years old. He won multiple Saturn Awards for “Best Performance by a Younger Actor in a Television Series” and a Young Artist Award for “Best Performance in a TV Series – Leading Young Actor”.
- Chandler co-founded the event and virtual festival production company titled URL Events in the past.
- In 2017, he earned his recognition as a DJ. He started touring across the United States while performing in various recognized events like the Fire Festival in 2019 and the EDC in 2018. However, as per a post uploaded to his Twitter account in March 2019, he had no idea that he had been listed as a DJ on Wikipedia.
- Chandler had learned to tap dance from dancer Zack Everhart who was a finalist in So You Think You Can Dance season 11.
- He enjoys listening to music genres such as electric pop, dubstep, and rock and likes the songs released by artist Deadmau5, and bands like Coyote Kisses, and Foo Fighters.
- Apart from being a skilled actor and DJ, he is also very good at playing the drums.
- In his free time, he enjoys gaming with his friends.
- He auditioned for the role of the comic character Spiderman in Captain America: Civil War (2016). However, he lost the role to actor Lucas Hedges.
- Chandler’s father William played a part in the film Zombieland (2009). William is also part of the band Jillhammer.
- In 2013, he graced the cover of Entertainment Weekly (US).
- While doing a take on The Walking Dead, he accidentally poked his hand with the knife he was carrying and started bleeding profusely. Despite that, he continued to enact the scene using only one hand while keeping his bloody hand out of the camera view.
- Chandler is quite proficient at playing the Japanese skill game called Kendama. It is something he would play to kill time while on the set of The Walking Dead (2010-2018).
- On the show, The Walking Dead, Chandler can be seen using a gun. However, he could not wield the weapon until he was 14 years old due to the laws in Georgia.
- On his 14th birthday, co-star Andrew Lincoln had gifted him a machine gun.
- In season 4, episode 9, a shot of Riggs was taken eating 112 ounces of pudding while sitting on his rooftop. To his surprise, the scene had such as an immense effect on his fans that they had started giving him cans of puddings during conventions.
- He is a huge fan of actor Grant Gustin and his character as Barry Allen in The Flash.
- He is a huge fan of Disney’s Phineas & Ferb.
- In the past, he had started a YouTube channel titled The Orange Trampoline to which he would upload gaming videos with his friends.
- Chandler enjoys spending his time going swimming, mountain biking, rollerblading and skiing.
- In March 2019, Riggs signed with Steve Aoki‘s record label Dim Mak Records.
- Follow Chandler on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Chandler Riggs / Instagram