|Chantal Thuy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chantal Thuy is a Canadian actress, theatre artist, and producer who is known for having been cast in the recurring role of Grace Choi in Black Lightning. She has also played a variety of roles in other projects such as Nhung Chuang in Madam Secretary, Jacqueline “Jackie” in Pretty Little Liars, Kim in Fast Food Heights, Song in Matador, Anna May Wong in Naked Eye, Mrs. Schofield in Pawnbrokers, and Kaila in Penny Royal.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chantal Thuy has graduated from the Stella Adler Studio of Acting in New York City.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Producer
- Father – He is a former IBM engineer.
- Siblings – She has 2 sisters and the older one has worked at Epic Games.
Chantal Thuy is represented by Play Management, Inc., Talent Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Chantal Thuy is of Vietnamese descent.
A beauty spot below her lips
She was raised a Catholic but later started practicing under a Buddhist teacher.
Chantal Thuy Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Montreal, Quebec, where she was often the only Asian kid around growing up.
- She is the daughter of Vietnamese refugees who fled the Vietnam War by boat and eventually arrived in Quebec.
- During her college years, Chantal Thuy used to host a radio show titled Elegantly Wasted along with her friend. It revolved around relationships and s*x.
- She appeared as Jacqueline “Jackie” in an episode titled Now You See Me, Now You Don’t of the American teen drama mystery-thriller television series, Pretty Little Liars, in August 2013.
- She had a small part in the 2018 comedy film, Half Magic, starring Heather Graham, Angela Kinsey, Stephanie Beatriz, Luke Arnold, Rhea Perlman, and others.
- In 2018, Chantal Thuy started playing the role of Grace Choi, a metahuman with shapeshifting abilities who becomes Anissa’s girlfriend, in the American superhero drama television series, Black Lightning.
- She uses she/her pronouns.
- Chantal is well-versed in English, French, and Vietnamese.
- She was cast in the Tracy Letts’s play, Linda Vista, at the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles in February 2019.
Featured Image by Chantal Thuy / Instagram