|Chelsea Islan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1995|
Chelsea Islan has established herself as one of the prominent Indonesian actresses. Since making her debut in 2013, with the drama movie, Refrain, she has been cast in the leading roles in several commercially successful movies. Apart from her career as an actress, Chelsea has also done a lot of activism work for the Indonesian youth. Her success has also garnered a huge fanbase for her with over 7.5 million Instagram followers.
Chelsea Elizabeth Islan
Washington, D.C., United States
Chelsea Islan completed her high school education from Mentari International School.
Actress, Model, Activist
- Father – Indra Budianto
- Mother – Samantha Barbara
- Siblings – Ryan Ogilvy (Older Brother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chelsea Islan has dated –
- Daffa Wardhana (2017-Present) – Chelsea’s relationship with Daffa Wardhana, the son of popular Indonesian actress Marini Zumarnis, was made public in October 2017. They are pretty open and vocal about their relationship on their respective social media accounts.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Asian)
She has American ancestry on her father’s side and Indonesian ancestry on her mother’s side.
In September 2017, Chelsea Islan was made the brand ambassador of Opera. She has also done endorsement work for the electronics company, Oppo.
Chelsea has also appeared in TV commercials for the following –
- Tempo Scan
- Indomie Mi Goreng
- UHA Milk Candy
- Indosat IM3
- Tropicana Slim
- Pizza Hut
- Matahari Department Store
- Santos Jaya Abadi
She has also promoted the following products and brands through her social media activity –
- Epa Jewel
- Alexa Belvana Quinn Fashion
- Permata Bank
- This is April
- Pocky Indonesia
She is a devout Catholic.
Best Known For
- Being cast in an important role in the sitcom, Tetangga Masa Gitu
- Having played starring roles in the popular Indonesian movies such as Street Society, Merry Riana: Mimpi Sejuta Dolar, and Di Balik 98
- Her strong presence on the social media platforms with over 7.5 million followers on her Instagram account
In 2013, she made her theatrical film debut in the Indonesian drama movie Refrain.
First TV Show
In 2014, Chelsea Islan made her first TV show appearance on the comedy show, Tetangga Masa Gitu?? (English title – What An Annoying Neighbour!).
Chelsea Islan relies on her healthy and disciplined diet to keep herself in top shape. For her protein requirement, she relies on salmon. However, she eats salmon only during the day and consumes wheat milk in the morning and evening. She also loads up her diet with vegetables and fruits but she refrains from eating fruits that have high sugar content. She has also completely given up eating rice and has replaced it with mashed potatoes.
She remains physically active with her regular taekwondo training sessions and enjoys outdoor cycling. If she has some spare time, she also loves to go to karting.
Chelsea Islan Favorite Things
- Girl Crush – Kiko Mizuhara
Source – CosmoGirl.co.id
Chelsea Islan Facts
- She has done extensive activism work for Love Pink Organization, which aims to raise awareness regarding breast cancer and supports those suffering from breast cancer.
- She started acting while she was studying in school by performing with her school theatre club.
- She moved from the United States to Jakarta just when she was about to start her elementary school education.
- While studying in elementary school, Chelsea was cast in the theatre play, Once on this Island, which is based on the Greek mythology.
- In October 2015, she co-founded a youth community called Youth of Indonesia, aiming to encourage youth to respect and protect pluralism and other national values.
- In recognition of her work with the youth community, she was declared Innovative Young Leader at the 2017 Southeast Asia Leaders Summit.
- Follow Chelsea Islan on Instagram.
Featured Image by Chelsea Islan / Instagram