|Cherie Currie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1959|
Cherie Currie is an American musician, actress, and artist who is popularly known as the lead vocalist of the all-female rock band The Runaways. The band made rounds to fame during the mid-to-late 1970s. After her journey with The Runaways, Currie went solo and teamed up with her identical twin sister Marie Currie, who also turns out to be a musician like her. After working together, they had released an album and one of their duet single track Since You Been Gone peaked at the no. 95 spot in the US charts. Shortly after teaming up, they had decided to establish their own band which they named Cherrie and Marie Currie. Apart from being a musician, the twin sisters had also previously starred in an episode of My Three Sons at the age 2 during which they were only asked to sing and perform Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star with actor-singer, Fred MacMurray. Before fame, Cherie appeared on American Bandstand with her twin as backup dancers. During Cherie’s journey as a lead vocalist for the teen rock band, she teamed up with her former bandmates Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Sandy West, Jackie Fox, and Vickie Blue. At the time, she was only 15 years old and the band’s rock anthem Cherry Bomb was written for her during her audition. She exited from the band after they had produced 3 albums, The Runaways, Queens of Noise, and Live in Japan.
After her exit, Marie teamed up with Cherie and they went on a US tour in 1977. Their team-up had chemistry and the crowd would go wild once the moment they would hit the stage to sing the encores. After a year, they had another tour that took place in Japan in 1978, during which they had also the opportunity to perform and had more exposure, appearing on many television shows. The twins appeared on many TV shows during the 1980s which included shows such as Sha Na Na, The Mike Douglas Show, The Mery Griffin Show, and many more. As for Cherie’s album recordings with her twin sister, they both wrote, sang, and produced songs for The Rosebud Beach Hotel and its soundtrack The Rosebud Beach Hotel Soundtrack. In 1991, they paid tribute to The Pandoras‘ member Paula Pierce and performed at the Coconut Teaser. Cherie attended The Runaways‘ reunion in 1994 with Marie and two other members, Fox and West. In 1998, Cherie and Marie’s first compilation album Young and Wild was released which contained tracks from their previous releases Beauty’s Only Skin Deep, Messin with the Boys, and Flaming School Girls. As an actress, Cherie made her film debut on Foxes in 1980 and acted alongside Jodie Foster. Her debut was successful and had garnered great reviews, which later opened more roles for her in other movies. Some of the films that are listed in her filmography included Parasite, Wavelength, Twilight Zone: The Movie, The Rosebud Beach Hotel, and Rich Girl.
Cherie Ann Currie
Encino, California, United States
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Artist, Producer
- Father – Don Currie
- Mother – Marie Harmon (Actress)
- Siblings – Don Currie Jr. (Brother), Sondra Currie (Older Sister) (Actress), Marie Currie (Identical Twin Sister) (Musician, Actress)
- Others – Donald Currie (Paternal Grandfather), Leona Watkins (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Edward Harmon (Maternal Grandfather), Matilda Marie Keller (Maternal Grandmother), Peter Keller (Great-Grandfather), and Mary Scheetz (Great-Grandmother)
Cherie Currie is represented by her own company, Cherie Currie Enterprises, Inc., Canoga Park, California, United States.
5 ft 5.5 in or 166.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Cherie Currie has dated –
- Joan Jett (1976) – Cherie was rumored to be dating her bandmate Joan Jett in 1976.
- Scott Anderson – Cherie reportedly dated The Runaways‘ manager Scott Anderson in the past. He even got Currie pregnant during the band’s first European tour.
- Robert Hays (1990-Present) – Cherie Currie married actor Robert Hays on May 12, 1990. They have a son together named Jake Hays, who also grew with passion and interest in music like his mom. He learned to play guitar and later became part of his mom’s touring band.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
- V-shaped Jawline
- Greek Nose Type
- Plump Lips
- Thin Eyebrows
Best Known For
- Being the lead vocalist of the all-female teen rock band The Runaways
- Her band tandem with her identical twin sister Marie Currie
- Appearing on various movies and TV shows such as Parasite, Wavelength, Twilight Zone: The Movie, The Rosebud Beach Hotel, and Rich Girl
In 1980, she made her theatrical film debut as Annie in the drama film Foxes.
First TV Show
In 1980, Cherie made her first TV show appearance on The Mike Douglas Show.
Cherie Currie Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
Source – Facebook
Cherie Currie Facts
- She’s a wood-carving artist who mainly uses a chainsaw to create her works. She started wood-carving in 2002 and launched her own gallery in 2005 at Chatsworth, California, United States.
- Cherie is known for her seductive deep voice.
- Cherie was first chosen to be cast as Brenda in the 1984 film Savage Streets but the role ultimately went to Linda Blair.
- In 1989, Price Stern Sloan published her autobiography Neon Angel, which narrates about her life in the entertainment industry and how she recovered from drug abuse.
- She is the former sister-in-law of Steve Lukather.
- She received the Rock Legend Award at the 2013 Malibu Music Awards, during which she had also reunited with her former The Runaways bandmate Lita Ford who presented the award to her on stage.
- Currie worked as a drug counselor for addicted teenagers and as a personal fitness trainer in the 1990s.
- In the past, she was described as “the lost daughter of Iggy Pop and Brigitte Bardot” by Bomp! Magazine.
- Visit her official website @ cheriecurrie.com.
- Connect with Cherie Currie on Facebook.
Featured Image by Cherie Currie / Facebook