|Choi Yeo-jin Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|July 27, 1983
Choi Yeo-jin is a South Korean-Canadian model-turned-actress who has gained acclaim for her roles in a variety of on-screen projects including Golden Bride, Surgeon Bong Dal-hee, More Charming by the Day, I Need Romance, Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy, Art of Fighting, On the Way to the Airport, To My Beloved, My Holo Love, Detective Mr. Gong, Incarnation of Money, Seoul Raiders, and My Sister, the Pig Lady.
Seoul, South Korea
South Korean, Canadian
Choi Yeo-jin attended George Brown College as a Hotel Management major but then went on a leave of absence to pursue an entertainment career in Korea.
Actress, Model, Author, Dancer
Choi Yeo-jin is represented by L & Jen Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbones
- Charming smile
Choi Yeo-jin Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was a middle school student and then she emigrated to Canada.
- Initially, she wanted to pursue a career as a ballerina but she had to let go of that dream because of certain financial difficulties.
- In the year 2001, Choi Yeo-jin participated in the Super Elite Model Contest in Canada.
- She played the role of Ok Ji-young in the 2007 weekend television drama series, Golden Bride, for which she received the “New Star Award” at the SBS Drama Awards and was also nominated at the 44th Baeksang Arts Award in the “Best New Actress (TV)” category.
- In 2012, she appeared as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars and emerged as the winner. She has said, “Viewers like my dancing more than my acting. I was kind of frustrated as an actress because I always played the same kind of characters and ended up projecting stereotypes, which could bore viewers. But now I’m much happier because I can turn into a glamorous dancer every time I get on stage.”
- Choi Yeo-jin has also appeared in the music videos for songs like Don’t Be Happy, Not Even a Call, A Name Called Parting, and My Girl.
Featured Image by ACROFAN / acrofan.com / CC BY-SA 3.0