|Chris Harrison Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1971|
Chris Harrison is an American television and game show host, actor, producer, and author who came into prominence after being the anchor of the ABC reality TV dating program The Bachelor since 2002. He gained further recognition by hosting the show’s spin-offs The Bachelorette since 2003, Bachelor Pad (2010-2012), Bachelor in Paradise since 2014, the first season of Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise in 2015, Bachelor Live in 2016, and The Bachelor Winter Games in 2018. He has also served as the host of several other TV shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (2015-2019) and has appeared in many programs on the small screen including Access Hollywood (2018-2020). Chris has acted in various TV shows as well such as Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2003) where he portrayed the role of Colin. He has been the producer of numerous TV programs including The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons – Ever! (2020). He has written a number of books too, like the fictional romance novel The Perfect Letter (2015).
Christopher Bryan Harrison
Dallas, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chris went to Lake Highlands High School, graduating in 1989. He then attended Oklahoma City University on a soccer scholarship. He became a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
Television host, Actor, Producer, Author
He is represented by NZK Productions / Warner Bros. Studios and William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Gwendolyn Jones (1994-2012) – He married his college sweetheart Gwendolyn on November 20, 1993. They got divorced in May 2012. They together have a son named Joshua and a daughter named Taylor.
- Lauren Zima (2018-Present) – He and fellow TV show host Lauren Zima started dating in August 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Chiseled features
- Expressive eyes
Chris Harrison Favorite Things
- Passion – Chasing tornadoes actually having loved chaos and been quite an adrenaline junkie
Source – The Things
Chris Harrison Facts
- He kickstarted his television career by covering local sports in Oklahoma City in Oklahoma and a trip to L.A. for a screen test for a horseracing network had led to the permanent move.
- Chris has stated that he had dreamed of becoming a professional athlete, having craved to be a soccer player. He has continued participating in games here and there and has often taken his kids to the big soccer events and games.
- He has stated that he was actually rejected as the anchor for The Bachelor at first. His agent had initially informed him that he didn’t make it and it was a few days later that he found out that a mistake had been made and that he did get the gig.
- Chris has disclosed that strangers have come up to him in bars and started telling him about their love lives when he has wondered if they expect him to make it better somehow.
- He has revealed that when it comes to birthday festivities, he does not like to celebrate on just a single day, but loves to do so the entire month which is why he has always had a “birthday month” instead.
- In February 2021, Chris received some backlash over defending Rachael Kirkconnell against the racist behavior in her past. He later issued an apology and revealed that he had decided to take a break from hosting The Bachelor. In June 2021, Chris announced that he was stepping aside as host of The Bachelor franchise.
Featured Image by Chris Harrison / Instagram