Coleen Patricia Nolan
Coleen Nolan went to the St Kentigern’s, a Catholic primary school in her hometown. Then, she moved to the St Catherine’s Catholic Secondary School.
She later studied at the Park School for Girls in Essex. She dropped out of school at the age of 15 to focus on her work with her music band, The Nolans.
Singer, television presenter, author
- Father – Tommy Nolan (Singer) (Died in 1998)
- Mother – Maureen Nolan (Died in 2007)
- Siblings – Maureen Nolan (Older Sister) (Actress and Singer), Anne Nolan (Older Sister) (Actress and Singer), Bernie Nolan (Older Sister) (Actress and Singer) (Passed away in 2013 because of breast cancer), Denise Nolan (Older Sister) (Actress and Singer), Linda Nolan (Older Sister) (Actress and Singer), Tommy Nolan (Older Brother), Brian Nolan (Older Brother)
Coleen Nolan is represented by Urban Associates Personal Management & PR.
Epic Records, Teichiku
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Coleen Nolan has dated –
- Robin Smith – In her late teens, Coleen was going out with the keyboard player, Robin Smith. At the age of 16, she lost her virginity to Smith and later got pregnant as well. They later decided to undergo a secret abortion.
- Shane Richie (1990-1999) – Nolan got married to comedian and actor Shane Richie in 1990. However, they had been dating long before they got married. In fact, she gave birth to their first son, Shane Nolan in December 1988. They welcomed their second son, Jake Roche in September 1992. They eventually decided to separate in 1997. It was revealed that his cheating habits had led to the end of their marriage. She had been suspicious of his behavior for a long time but he always managed to convince her that she was wrong and paranoid. Coleen was so tormented by it that she was elated and relieved about being right when she caught him having an affair. They officially got divorced in 1999.
- Ray Fensome (2007-Present) – After the end of her marriage with Richie, she found solace in musician Ray Fensome’s arms. In June 2001, she gave birth to a daughter Ciara. In 2005, they got engaged after he proposed to her on her 40th birthday. In November 2007, they got married in a romantic wedding ceremony. Towards the end of 2016, she hinted in her interview with Daily Mail that they were having problems with their marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fringed hairdo
- Round face
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Coleen Nolan has appeared in the TV commercials for the following –
- Iceland (Frozen food store)
- Fitness Regime Disco Burn Workout
- The Daily Mirror newspaper
- Park Christmas savings catalogs
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the former all-girls band, The Nolans, which included her sisters as other members. They were especially popular in Japan, where they even managed to win the Japanese Grammy Award.
- Having appeared in a host of reality TV series such as Celebrity Big Brother and Dancing on Ice.
Her music group The Nolans released their debut studio album, 20 Giant Hits in 1978, which managed to reach #3 spot on the UK charts.
Coleen Nolan hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 1974, she made her first TV show appearance in the music series, It’s Cliff Richard. She was 9 years old at the time of her appearance.
Coleen Nolan relies on disco dancing to keep weight off her body. She also relies on aerobic workout routine to supplement her fitness regime. Her dance sessions usually last for an hour and she schedule these sessions 3 times a week.
When it comes to diet, she prefers low-fat meals and in case, she gets hungry in between meals, she eats fruits.
Coleen Nolan Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Coleen Nolan Facts
- She had a difficult childhood due to her father’s short temper and questionable behavior. He often used to beat Coleen’s mother and sisters and is even reported to have sexually abused her sister Anne.
- In January 2007, while appearing on the TV show Loose Women, she said that gay people shouldn’t be allowed to adopt children, which obviously caused a huge stir.
- She couldn’t become a full-time member of The Nolans until she reached the age of 15.
- She has done extensive work for the charity organization, Alzheimer’s Society. He even went on to participate in cycling the “River Nile” campaign in Egypt.
- In May 2015, Coleen caused a huge controversy after she compared gay rights with supporting ISIS while commenting on the stir caused by a bakery owner’s refusal to create a wedding cake for gay couples.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Dartfordliving / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0