|Courtney Act Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 18, 1982|
Courtney Act is an Australian Drag queen, pop singer, entertainer, and reality television personality. She is best known for coming out openly as the first-ever queer contestant on a reality television show after she auditioned for Australian Idol. Courtney is also a singer and has provided vocals to songs such as Rub Me Wrong, Welcome to Disgraceland, To Russia with Love, Mean Gays, Ecstasy, Ugly, and Body Parts. She has amassed over 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Shane Gilberto Jenek
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
London, England, United Kingdom
Courtney went to Sandgate District State High School in Deagon, Queensland.
Television Personality, Drag Artist, Singer
Courtney is represented by Wendy of Working Management.
Courtney’s net worth had been $5 million according to SCMP.com in 2021.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
As per an article from April 2018, Courtney is dating a man whom she met at Tom Daley and Dustin Lance‘s New Year’s Eve party. In an interview with Gay Star News, she has revealed that she had gone to the party with fellow Drag Race star, Alaska, and that was where she met her current Boyfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
Heavy eye makeup
Courtney Act has done endorsement work for American Apparel.
Courtney does not follow any religion.
In one of her Facebook posts in May 2016, she said –
I’ve been a conservative, a liberal, religious, atheist, man, woman, non-gender conforming, gay, straight, bi, poly, pan, meat eater, vegan, blonde, brunette- and not just the binaries and extremes.
Best Known For
- Being the first Drag Star to be voted as one of FHM’s World’s Top 100 Sexiest Women
- Openly coming out as the first-ever queer contestant on a reality television show
- Winning the 21st season of Celebrity Big Brother in January 2018
First TV Show
Courtney made her first TV show appearance as a host in Snick Flicks in 2000.
As a Singer
Courtney’s first single was Rub Me Wrong and her first EP was Kaleidoscope which was released on July 7, 2015.
She has also contributed her vocals to songs like Welcome to Disgraceland, To Russia with Love, Mean Gays, Ecstasy, Ugly, Body Parts, Kaleidoscope, and Stayin’ Alive.
Courtney stays in shape by indulging in physical activities such as dance.
Courtney Act Favorite Things
- Celebrity Crush – Justin Bieber
Source – MTV
Courtney Act Facts
- At the age of 18, Courtney moved to Sydney from her hometown Brisbane.
- About her name ‘Courtney Act’, she has said in an interview that she originally wanted to be a redheaded, smoky-voiced nightclub singer named Ginger Le’Bon but her friend suggest the name ‘Courtney’ and it stuck as a pun on ‘caught in the act’. Hence, finalizing the name Courtney Act.
- She first auditioned for Australian Idol in 2003 and became the first ever queer and gender diverse contestant to openly come out on a talent reality TV show.
- Just after appearing in Australian Idol, she released her first single, Rub Me Wrong, and it peaked at the 29th spot on the ARIA Singles Chart.
- She moved to America in 2010 with the hope of finding better opportunities.
- She went on to become one of the runner-ups in RuPaul‘s Drag Race in 2014 alongside Drag Queens Adore Delano and Bianca Del Rio.
- In July 2015, she became the first Drag Queen ever to sing live at the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.
- She follows veganism.
- Courtney has revealed that she identifies herself as genderfluid and polyamorous.
- Visit her official site @ courtneyact.com.
Featured Image by Courtney Act / Instagram