|Craig Parker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1970|
Craig Parker is a Fijian-New Zealander actor, stage actor, and voiceover artist who is best known for playing Haldir in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. In addition to that, he has also been cast in many other films and shows like Legend of the Seeker, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, Mercy Peak, A Soldier’s Sweetheart, Shortland Street, Charmed, Reign, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Diplomatic Immunity, Power Rangers Ninja Storm, Spartacus, Xena: Warrior Princess, The Tommyknockers, Young Hercules, City Life, A Twist in the Tale, and NCIS: Los Angeles.
Fijian, New Zealander
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Stage Actor
- Father – Barry
- Mother – Robin
- Siblings – David (Brother), Wendy (Sister)
Craig Parker has been represented by Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Craig Parker is of Scottish, Welsh, Danish, English, and Cornish descent.
Craig Parker Facts
- He grew up in Auckland, New Zealand.
- His grandfather relocated from Edinburgh, Scotland, to Fiji.
- In 2001, Craig Parker brought to life the character of Haldir, the leader of the Galadhrim warriors guarding the border of Lothlórien, in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, a 2001 epic fantasy adventure film based on the 1954 novel The Fellowship of the Ring and the first volume of J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings.
- He played the role of Darken Rahl, Richard’s half-brother and the emperor of D’Hara, in the American sword and sorcery romantic fantasy series, Legend of the Seeker, between 2008 and 2010.
- In 2009, he portrayed Leighton Mills, the fallen rising star of New Zealand Foreign Affairs, in the comedy series, Diplomatic Immunity.
- Craig Parker was seen as Sabas in the 2009 American action horror film, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, starring Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy, Rhona Mitra, Steven Mackintosh, and Kevin Grevioux.
- From 2018 to 2019, he appeared in the recurring role of Alastair Caine, the benefactor of Hilltowne’s Department of Genetics, in the 1st season of the American fantasy drama television series titled Charmed.
- Craig Parker’s theatre credits include having been cast in Macbeth, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, The Pillowman, The Seagull, Arcadia, Serial Killers, Amy’s View, The Rocky Horror Show, and The Judas Kiss.
Featured Image by GabboT / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0