|Cristo Fernández Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 27, 1991|
Cristo Fernández is a Mexican actor and former professional soccer player who is best known for playing the character of Dani Rojas (a talented club-level soccer player) in the American sports comedy-drama TV series Ted Lasso (2020-Present). Between 2016 and 2021, he also acted in numerous independent short films and this eventually led to a cameo role in the superhero film Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). Cristo has lent his voice to the character of Wheeljack in the American science fiction action film Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (2023) as well. Before beginning his acting career in the mid-2010s, he had represented Tecos F.C. – mostly in the 2nd and 3rd divisions of the Mexican soccer league system. Tecos F.C., a professional soccer club, is associated with Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, a coeducational, independent, private university based in Cristo’s hometown of Guadalajara.
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
He splits his time between –
- Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Cristo, after his high school graduation, joined The University of Guadalajara, a public higher education institution situated in his hometown of Guadalajara. He earned a B. A. (Bachelor of Arts) degree in communications from there.
He then attained an M. A. (Master of Arts) degree from the Guildford School of Acting (GSA), the drama school of The University of Surrey, a public research university in Guildford, Surrey, England.
Actor, Professional Soccer Player (Retired)
- Siblings – Paloma Fernández (Younger Sister)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cristo has dated –
- Kelsie McDonald
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Clean-shaven look
Cristo co-starred in a TV commercial titled ‘The Getaway Driver’ for Forza Horizon 5, a 2021 video game that is the 12th main installment in the Forza series of simulation racing games published by Xbox Game Studios – a part of the gaming division of Microsoft Corporation (an American multinational technology corporation) that is based in Redmond, Washington, United States.
Cristo Fernández Facts
- A passionate soccer fan since childhood, Cristo became a part of a major local club called Tecos F.C. when he was just about 15 years old. However, a severe knee injury abruptly ended his career as a professional soccer player.
- His parents were very supportive of him during this tough phase and encouraged him to pursue another career. Cristo developed an interest in acting during his time at The University of Guadalajara and this motivated him to enroll at the Guildford School of Acting in England, thus sowing the seeds of an acting career.
- He is also the founder of a film production company called Espectro MX Films. The company won the ‘Best Short Film’ award at the 2018 edition of Premios Latino – a prestigious event that aims to promote the Ibero-American (a region in the Americas comprising countries or territories where Spanish or Portuguese are predominant languages) culture of film and music.
- A polyglot, Cristo is fluent in Spanish, English, German, French, and Italian.
Featured Image by Cristo Fernández / Instagram