|Curtis Roach Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1999|
Curtis Roach is an American rapper and TikTok star who shot to fame with his first mixtape The Avenue (2015) that got featured in the Vibe magazine. He gained further popularity after releasing various albums like Highly Caffeinated (2017), several EPs including Lellow (2019), and numerous singles such as the quintessential quarantine anthem that was a collaboration with Tyga, named Bored in the House (2020). Curtis has garnered more than 2 million fans on TikTok and more than 75k followers on Instagram.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
He went to Cass Technical High School in Midtown Detroit. He had dropped out of college after 2 months in order to pursue music full-time.
Rapper, TikTok Star
- Siblings – He has 1 younger brother and 1 younger sister.
- Columbia/Last Kings Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Pierced nose
- Beard and mustache
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Celine.
Curtis Roach Favorite Things
- Rappers – Tyler the Creator and Chance the Rapper having admired their work as well as style
- Song – Find Your Wings by Tyler the Creator, the number having got him through some difficult times so much so that he has not known where he would be if it was not for the sonically perfect piece of music with the best message
- Film – Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Travel Destinations – Paris, Cali, New York
- Sports Team – Any, as long as it is from Detroit
Curtis Roach Facts
- He has stated that he fell in love with music ever since his birth. His mother has videos of him in diapers, going around practicing dance moves from the hit pop songs on the radio. In the beginning, he used to listen to the music his parents turned on in the car, with his father having been super heavy with West Coast hip-hop, and his mother having loved neo-soul.
- In his childhood, music had been a low-key thing that he never discussed with anybody about as he did not expect people to take him seriously. Curtis began writing poetry when he was in middle school, which turned into rap when he got into high school. He had started to record himself when he was around 15 years old. After hearing his voice on a song, he had become thrilled and made up his mind that he would want to continue doing so forever. That had made him start going to open mics and trying out new things.
- Roach has vivid memories of what it was like being 15 years old and making songs off the garage band in his mother’s basement. Those experiences have been humbling for him and he has wanted to never forget where he had started.
- He has summed up his sound in the 3 words – inspiring, free, and abstract.
- Curtis has played the piano by ear and at times got down on the drums, and has wished to pick up an instrument and master it someday.
- He has expressed optimism for the future and has vowed to remain self-sufficient. He has disclosed that he had met a Reiki master who had informed him that his third chakra was one of the strongest in his body.
Featured Image by Curtis Roach / Instagram