|T.O.P Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1987|
T.O.P is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor who is known for being the lead rapper of the YG Entertainment’s boy band, Big Bang, which has released a number of albums including Bigbang Vol.1, Remember, Made Series, and Big Bang 2. Apart from that, T.O.P has also made a name for himself as a solo artist and has released many tracks and albums like Doom Dada, Turn It Up, Hi Haruka, and Because.
T.O.P, Tempo, Bingu Top, ChoomTop, Tabi, Turtle
Seoul, South Korea
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor
- Sibling – Choi Hye-yoon (Older Sister)
T.O.P is represented by YG Entertainment.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, J-Pop, Dance, Electronic, R&B
YG, YGEX, Avex, Warner Music Taiwan
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
T.O.P has dated –
- Shin Min-a (2007-2011) – It was rumored that he dated model and actress, Shin Min-a, between the years 2007 and 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
T.O.P is of South Korean descent.
- Tall stature
- Low-bass timbre voice
T.O.P Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- Books – Sushi (Especially Tuna Sushi)
- He has been friends with his Big Bang bandmate, G-Dragon, since their childhood years.
- Initially, he was rejected by YG Entertainment because he was considered “too chubby” to be an idol. So, he worked really hard and lost 20 kgs in 40 days and then returned for another audition and was eventually signed by the company.
- His Big Bang bandmates include G-Dragon, Taeyang, and Daesung.
- Being a member of Big Bang, T.O.P released his first studio album, Bigbang Vol.1, on December 22, 2006, via YG Entertainment. It comprised of songs such as She Can’t Get Enough, Next Day, Big Boy, A Fool of Tears, and La La La and the album was ranked at number #3 in Gaon Music Chart.
- He is also one-half of the duo named GD & TOP along with singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, entrepreneur, fashion icon, and his Big Bang bandmate, G-Dragon. The duo released its self-titled debut album on December 24, 2010, and it included tracks like Don’t Go Home, High High, Baby Good Night, What Do You Want?, Of All Days, and Knock Out. The album was placed at number #1 in South Korea Albums Chart (Gaon) weekly chart and at number #8 in both Japan Top Albums Sales (Billboard) weekly chart as well as Japan Albums Chart (Oricon) weekly chart.
- T.O.P has been cast in a wide range of characters in various films such as Lee Myeong-hoon/Kang Dae-ho in Commitment, Ham Dae-gil in Tazza: The Hidden Card, Tom Young in Out of Control, and Oh Jang-beom in 71: Into the Fire.
- His hobbies include reading books, swimming, and doing silly things.
- Over the years, he has also been the recipient of many awards like 31st Blue Dragon Film Award, 47th Grand Bell Award, 47th Baeksang Arts Award, Max Movie Award, and 17th BIFF Asia Star Award.
- T.O.P has also garnered an immense social media fan base with more than 15 million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Always Be Pretty / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0