|Daesung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Daesung is a South Korean singer, songwriter, actor, and television personality who gained acclaim as he debuted as a vocalist with the YG Entertainment boy band, Big Bang, in 2006. As a solo artist, he has released various albums, EPs, and tracks like D’scover, Delight, D-Day, D’slove, A Big Hit, and Cotton Candy. Moreover, he has also been cast in several shows and movies including A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventures, Big Bang Made, Family Outing Season 1, and YG Future Strategy Office.
Daesung (Stage Name), D-Lite (Japanese Stage Name), Smiling Angel
Itaewon, Seoul, South Korea
Daesung attended Kyung Hee University to study post-modern music.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Television Personality
- Sibling – Bora (Older Sister)
Daesung is represented by –
- YG Entertainment (Former)
- R&D Company (D-LABLE)
K-pop, R&B, Trot, Rock
YG Entertainment (Former), YGEX, R&D Company (D-LABLE)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has often dyed his hair in different shades.
- Lean physique
- Pierced ears
Daesung Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Foods – Sushi
- Karaoke Song – With Me by Wheesung
- He hails from Incheon, South Korea.
- He got inclined towards music at a very young age but his parents were totally against the idea of Daesung pursuing a career in the field.
- With Big Bang, he released the band’s debut studio album, Bigbang Vol.1, on December 22, 2006, through YG Entertainment and it included songs like She Can’t Get Enough, A Fool of Tears, La La La, and Try Smiling.
- He was cast as Rum Tum Tugger in the Korean version of the popular sung-through musical, Cats, in 2008.
- Alongside Lim Ju-hwan, Lim Ju-eun, Oh Man-seok, Jang Hee-jin, Lee Soo-hyuk, Kim Ji-won, and Jo Jung-suk, Daesung co-starred as Ha Do-sung in the MBN musical drama television series, What’s Up, in 2011.
- On February 27, 2013, he released his Japanese debut studio album, D’scover. The album got him nominated for the 3rd Music Jacket Award for “Best Music Jacket” in 2013.
- His 2nd Japanese album, D’slove, was released on July 16, 2014.
- His fellow Big Bang bandmates have been G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, and Seungri (who retired in 2019).
- Daesung has been friends with singer Gummy. She was the one who helped him deal with sociophobia and stage fright.
- If he had to pick a Big Bang member to go on a date with, he would choose T.O.P.
- He has been the youngest member of Big Bang.
- He follows a good skincare routine.
- In December 2022, it was revealed that he had terminated his contract with YG Entertainment.
- He signed an exclusive contract with the agency R&D Company in April 2023.
Featured Image by GOM / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0