|Daisy Ridley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1992|
Daisy Ridley is an English actress, theatre artist, voiceover artist, model, dancer, and producer who has gained acclaim with her roles in shows and movies including Rey in the Star Wars sequel trilogy: The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker, Mary Debenham in Murder on the Orient Express, Ophelia in Ophelia, and Hannah in Scrawl.
Daisy Jazz Isobel Ridley
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Primrose Hill, London, England, United Kingdom
In 2010, Daisy graduated from Tring Park School for the Performing Arts in Hertfordshire. She was 18 at that time.
Actress, Model, Dancer, Theatre Artist, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Chris Ridley (Photographer)
- Mother – Louise Fawkner-Corbett (Banker)
- Siblings – Kika-Rose Ridley (Older Sister) (Model), Poppy Sophia Ridley (Older Sister)
- Others – Roger Picton Fawkner-Corbett (Maternal Grandfather), Isobel Sheila Lake (Maternal Grandmother), Arnold Ridley (Great-Uncle) (Actor and Playwright)
She has a total of 4 siblings including sisters Kika and Poppy. She is the youngest of all.
She is signed with these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency
- 42 West
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Daisy Ridley has dated –
- Charlie Hamblett (2014-2016) – In May 2014, DailyMail reported that Daisy was dating the actor Charlie Hamblett. They largely kept their relationship private and had few public appearances together. They are believed to have separated by 2016.
- Tom Bateman (2017-Present) – Daisy met actor Tom Bateman on the set of Murder On The Orient Express. They dated for 2 years and got engaged in June 2019. In September 2020, there were some rumors that the couple might have tied the knot in the nationwide lockdown but those rumors were not true.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, and German descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Tattoos on her left foot, right hip, and ear
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
She has appeared in a Subway commercial as part of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens cast.
Best Known For
- Playing Rey, a highly Force-sensitive scavenger who was abandoned as a child on the desert planet Jakku and awaits her absent family’s return, in the 2015 epic space opera film Star Wars: The Force Awakens. For this role, she won the Florida Film Critics Circle’s “FCC Breakout Award”, MTV Movie Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance”, and Teen Choice Award for “Choice Movie: Breakout Star”.
- Having been cast as Hannah, the mysterious girl from the comic, in the 2015 independent British supernatural horror-thriller film, Scrawl. Her performance in the film won her the “Outstanding Acting Performance” award at Zed Fest Film Festival.
Daisy first appeared in several short films in 2013, viz., Lifesaver, Blue Season, 100% BEEF, and Crossed Wires.
Next, she had a small role in the 2014 comedy film The Inbetweeners 2 for her role as Alicia. Though, her scenes were deleted from the film.
Her next appearance was in the horror film Scrawl in 2015.
First TV Show
In 2013, Ridley first appeared in the BBC’s medical drama series Casualty for her role as Fran Bedingfield in just one episode entitled “And the Walls Come Tumbling Down.”
For the 2015 film, Star Wars Episode VII, she had to undergo a strict diet and exercise regime to fit for the role.
She ate fish, legumes, and spirulina shakes and did workouts which were very grueling for her. Daisy had to workout 5 days a week for 5 hours a day in the gym and that too for three months regularly.
Daisy Ridley Favorite Things
- Star Wars Filming Location – Abu Dhabi
- Film – Matilda (1966)
Daisy Ridley Facts
- She is trained in musical theatre.
- Daisy is the youngest in her family.
- Besides being an actress, she is also a singer, model, and dancer.
- She has modeled for ASOS.
- At the age of 15, Daisy got a tattoo of three stars on her left foot.
- She has a pet dog named Muffin.
- She is a big fan of Arsenal F.C., which is a Premier League football club.
- In 2016, Ridley was included in the ‘World’s Most Beautiful 2016’ list of People magazine.
- Daisy has undergone many laparoscopic surgeries because of the health issue known as endometriosis and polycystic ovaries. She was 15 years old when she was diagnosed with the condition.
- Ridley is a big fan of Carey Mulligan and Felicity Jones.
- She has a green belt in kickboxing.
- She does not have a crush on any of the male celebrities.
- She voiced the role of Rey in the 2015 video game, Disney Infinity 3.0.
- She is allergic to cats.
- She co-starred as Mary Debenham, Sonia’s personal secretary & Daisy’s governess, in the 2017 American mystery thriller film, Murder on the Orient Express. For this, she received a Teen Choice Award nomination for “Choice Drama Movie Actress”.
- She had quit social media in 2016. In February 2021, she revealed that she was enjoying her time off of social media. Though she sometimes feels tempted to check Twitter and Instagram but would not like to join anytime soon.