|Tom Bateman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1989|
Tom Bateman is an English actor who is known for having been cast as Giuliano de’ Medici in the historical fantasy drama TV show, Da Vinci’s Demons, and as Dr. Robert Jekyll/Hyde in the fantasy drama TV show, Jekyll and Hyde. He also appeared as Bouc in the mystery thriller film, Murder on the Orient Express, which stars the likes of Kenneth Branagh, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Derek Jacobi, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, and Daisy Ridley. Tom Bateman has also been a part of several other shows and movies which include Much Ado About Nothing, Creditors, Branagh Theatre Live: The Winter’s Tale, Exposure, B&B, Cold Pursuit, The Tunnel, Cold Feet, Vanity Fair, and Into the Dark.
Thomas Jonathan Bateman
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Tom Bateman studied at the Cherwell School which is a secondary school with academy status located on the Marston Ferry Road in Oxford, England, United Kingdom. He is amongst the notable alumni of the school alongside footballers Joey Beauchamp, Miles Welch-Hayes, and Canice Carroll, musician Mark Crozer, actor Rupert Friend, and model Sophie Sumner.
Later, Tom Bateman joined the National Youth Theatre and then graduated from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art where he was awarded a Leverhulme Scholarship for 2009-2011.
- Father – He has worked as a music teacher.
- Mother – She has served as a primary school teacher.
- Siblings – Merlin Bateman (Twin Brother). Tom Bateman has 12 more siblings.
Tom Bateman is represented by –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Bateman has dated –
- Eve Best (2012) – It was rumored that Tom Bateman had a short-termed relationship with a British performing artist named Eve Best around the year 2012.
- Hannah Britland (2014-2016) – In 2014, Bateman started going out with British actress, Hannah Britland. The duo was together for around a duration of 2 years before calling it quits in 2014.
- Daisy Ridley (2017-Present) – Tom Bateman started dating actress Daisy Ridley in 2017 after they met on the set of the mystery thriller film, Murder on the Orient Express (2017). The couple can often be spotted together and after being in a relationship for around 2 years, they finally got engaged in June 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pierced ear
- Deep voice
Best Known For
- Playing a variety of roles in several TV shows such as Danny Hillier in The Tunnel (2013), Giuliano de’ Medici in Da Vinci’s Demons (2013), Dr. Robert Jekyll /Hyde in Jekyll and Hyde (2015), Justin Parker in Cold Feet (2016), Rawdon Crawley in Vanity Fair (2018), and Wilkes in Into the Dark (2018)
- Having been cast in a number of movies such as Much Ado About Nothing (2011) as Claudio, Creditors (2015) as Michael Redmane, Branagh Theatre Live: The Winter’s Tale (2015) as Florizel, Exposure (2016) as Charlie, B&B (2017) as Marc, Snatched (2017) as James, Murder on the Orient Express (2017) as Bouc, Hi-Lo Joe (2017) as Tony, and Cold Pursuit (2019) as Trevor “Viking” Calcote
Tom Bateman made his first feature film appearance by playing the lead role of Claudio in the romantic comedy film, Much Ado About Nothing, in 2011. He co-starred alongside the likes of Alex Beckett, Jonathan Coy, Mike Grady, Clive Hayward, Adam James, and Elliot Levey.
In 2015, Tom Bateman made his first theatrical film appearance as Florizel in the drama movie, Branagh Theatre Live: The Winter’s Tale.
First TV Show
Tom Bateman made his first TV show appearance as Giuliano Medici in an episode, titled The Hanged Man, of the historical fantasy adventure drama series, Da Vinci’s Demons, in April 2013. It starred the likes of Tom Riley, Laura Haddock, Blake Ritson, Elliot Cowan, Lara Pulver, James Faulkner, and Gregg Chillin.
Tom Bateman Facts
- He grew up alongside his 13 siblings in Jericho, Oxford, England, United Kingdom.
- Tom Bateman has been in love with Elizabethan London and how people were deeply connected to one another in the older times.
- He is saddened by how people are so into technology that they don’t even bother to experience things outside of it.
- In March 2012, Tom Bateman was cast in a revival of The Duchess of Malfi.
- In 2018, he was awarded the “Hugo Boss Breakthrough Actor Of The Year” award at GQ‘s 2018 Men of the Year Awards.
- Tom Bateman has also appeared as John Beecham in the British historical period drama television series, Beecham House. He has co-starred in the show alongside the likes of Lesley Nicol, Gregory Fitoussi, Adil Ray, and Marc Warren.
- He has described himself as a private, old-fashioned man.
- Tom Bateman does not have a verified social media account.
Featured Image by celebritymalecrush / Instagram