|Charles Esten Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1965|
Charles Esten is an American actor, musician, writer, and comedian who is known for playing Deacon Claybourne in the musical soap opera show Nashville, Ward Cameron in the Netflix action-adventure mystery teen drama series Outer Banks, Randy Anderson in the Fox sitcom The Crew, Luke in the teen and family drama series Party of Five, Ray Henry in the HBO drama series Big Love, Damon Manning in the HBO comedy-drama series Enlightened, and Saul Barlow in the drama-thriller series Tell Me Your Secrets. Esten has also been cast in several movies including The Sleepwalker Killing, Thirteen Days, Late Last Night, Swing Vote, 61*, The Expendables, and The Postman.
Charles Esten Puskar III
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
In 1983, Esten finished his schooling at T.C. Williams High School, Alexandria, Virginia near Washington, D.C.
Charles graduated with an economics degree from the College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia in 1987.
Actor, Comedian, Singer, Writer
- Father – Charles Puskar (Businessman)
- Mother – Cynthia Puskar
- Siblings – Cathy Puskar (Sister)
- Others – Charles Esten Puskar (Paternal Grandfather), Marguerite/Margaret C. Lennon (Paternal Grandmother), Lewis Bascom Fulwiler (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Lyman Brookes (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been managed by –
- Brady, Brannon & Rich Talent
- Stone Manners Salners Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Country, country pop, country rock
Vocals, guitar, piano, harmonica
His music has been released by Big Machine Records.
His net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charles Esten has dated –
- Patty Hanson (1991-Present) – Charles Esten and Patty Hanson started dating while in college. The two tied the knot in November 1991 and have three children together – one son Chase Pushkar and two daughters Taylor Puskar and Addie Puskar.
Race / Ethnicity
Charles Esten is of English, Irish, Czech or Slovak, Scottish, German, and French descent.
- Mesmerizing smile
- Charismatic personality
Charles Esten appeared in the public service video for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation titled Riding Straight.
He has also done a video Motorcycle Rider Course: Riding and Street Skills (MRC:RSS).
In 2016, he appeared in an ad for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Best Known For
His main moment of fame came with the ABC series Nashville (2012-Present) in which he portrayed the character of Deacon Claybourne.
Charles made his film debut with the TV movie The Sleepwalker Killing in 1997. He played the role of Mark Schall.
His theatrical film debut was with another 1997 release, an epic post-apocalyptic adventure film titled The Postman for his role as Michael.
First TV Show
In 1988, Charles made his TV show debut with the gaming show Sale of the Century as a contestant. He was seen in their 4 episodes.
In 1992, he auditioned and got selected to be a part of the Whose Line Is It Anyway? comedy show on Channel 4 in the fourth series.
First Stage Performance
Esten made his stage debut in a musical play titled Buddy in the early 1990s.
As a Singer
While Charles was studying at the College of William and Mary from 1985 to 1988, he became a lead vocalist for the local band N’est Pas.
From 2004 to 2006, Esten was a member of the Improv All-Stars touring group.
In 2012, he released his first single titled Undermine with Hayden Panettiere as a part of the album The Music of Nashville: Season 1 Volume 1.
Many of his Nashville songs including Sideshow, Playin’ Tricks, and others are available on Nashville soundtracks.
Charles Esten Favorite Things
- Music – Country
- Songs – A Boy Named Sue (By Johnny Cash), Alcohol (By Brad Paisley)
- Singers – Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams
- Music Venue – Ryman, Opry, the Bluebird
- Restaurants – Monell’s, Josephine, Wild Iris, The Southern, Virago
- Bar – The Patterson House, Tootsies, Robert’s
- Food – Barbeque
Charles Esten Facts
- While studying at the College of William and Mary, he was a Theta Delta Chi fraternity brother.
- In 2000, he portrayed the character of U-2 pilot Major Rudolf Anderson, USAF in the historical political thriller film Thirteen Days. The film dramatizes the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962, seen from the perspective of the US political leadership.
- Esten formed a touring band with his former co-stars Greg Proops, Ryan Stiles and Jeff Davis from the Whose Line Is It Anyway. They have regularly toured the country under the Whose Live Anyway name.
- He was cast as Lewis in the 2008 comedy-drama film Swing Vote, starring Kevin Costner, Paula Patton, Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Hopper, Nathan Lane, Stanley Tucci, George Lopez, and Madeline Carroll.
- Esten quit Whose Live Anyway in April 2014 and Joel Murray replaced him.
- Charles was a Sale of the Century contestant in 1988 and Scrabble in 1990. In Sale of the Century, he won prizes and cash worth more than $20,000.
- Esten is an active supporter of the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Society. He joined the society after his personal experience with daughter Addie, who was diagnosed with leukemia when she was only 2-years-old.
- In 2020, he started to co-star as Ward Cameron, Sarah’s father who is a wealthy business owner who lives on the wealthier part of the Outer Banks known as “Figure Eight”, in the streaming series Outer Banks.