|Damian Lewis Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1971|
Damian Watcyn Lewis
St John’s Wood, London, England, UK
Damian attended Ashdown House School in Forest Row, East Sussex.
Subsequently, he went to Eton College High School in Berkshire, England.
In 1993, he graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
Actor, film producer, soundtrack producer
- Father – Watcyn Lewis (Broker)
- Mother – Charlotte Mary (Bowater)
- Siblings – Gareth (Younger Brother) (Film Director), William Lewis (Brother), Amanda Lewis (Sister)
Damian is signed with Markham, Froggatt & Irwin (Talent Management Company).
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
86 kg or 189½ pounds
Damian Lewis dated –
- Katie Razzall (2001-2002) – Damian and Katie met each other back in 2001 and after few meetings, they started a relationship. These two were together for about 1 year before they broke up in 2002.
- Freya Stafford (2001-2003) – Damian started dating the actress Freya Stafford back in 2001 in the same period, when he was in relationship with Katie Razzall. Because of this fact, Freya many times was pointed as a possible reason for Damian, ending his relationship with Katie Razzall. Freya and Damian were together for a year and a half before they parted their ways.
- Kristin Davis (2003-2004) – After splitting with Freya Stafford in September 2003, Damian started dating Kristin Davis, the American actress known for her role as Charlotte in the popular TV series Sex and The City. Damian and Kristin were in a relationship for almost a year, before they broke up in 2004.
- Sophia Myles (2005) – In 2005, Damian had a fling with the British actress Sophia Myles.
- Helen McCrory (2005-2021) – As Damian said in one of his interviews, he met his soul mate Helen McCrory in June 2005. Helen was a British actress known for portraying the roles as Cherie Blair in the movies The Queen in 2006 and The Special Relationship in 2010. After 7 months of a relationship, Damian and Helen got engaged in February 2006, and about 5 months later they got married on the 4th of July 2007. Damian and Helen had two children, Manon (born September 8, 2006) and Gulliver (born November 2, 2007). The relationship came to an end in April 2021 with the sudden death of Helen due to cancer. Just before her death, she had requested Damian to have lots of girlfriends.
Race / Ethnicity
His ancestry includes Welsh, German Jewish, Scottish, Irish and English.
- Red hair
- Often plays mentally unstable characters
- Despite he is British, he often portrays American military officials
- Great American accent
- Participated in Soccer Aid playing for England in 2006.
- Participated in Soccer Aid in 2010 which supported UNICEF’s charity.
- He is a trade justice ambassador for the British charity Christian Aid.
- He appeared in the 2014 F-Type Jaguar commercial.
Best Known For
His role as Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody in the popular TV series Homeland from 2011 to 2013.
He first gained notice after playing the role as Clive in the TV movie Micky Love in 1993.
His first feature film was Australian-American action adventure film Robinson Crusoe released in 1997, where he played the role as Patrick.
First TV Show
His first appearance in a TV show was in 1995 when he played the role as Leonard Bateson in the TV series Agatha Christie’s Poirot in an episode “Hickory Dickory Dock.”
Damian’s personal trainer is Pat Henry.
He worked out with Damian for the Homeland TV series. Each training session consisted of around 90 minutes of cardio and strength training, said his trainer. In Damian’s own words –
“I worked out with Pat around five times in a week, the workouts were intense and provided the best results possible, I added quality muscle mass pretty fast.”
Damian said that he was doing many sets of compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, military presses, and also some bench press, pull-ups and dips.
Damian Lewis Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken
- Color – Red, White
- Place – Scotland, USA
- Soccer Team – F.C. Liverpool
Source – FamousFix.com
Damian Lewis Facts
- He decided that he wants to become an actor at the age of 16.
- Damian formed a theater company when he was 16.
- After he graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama, he served as a stage actor for the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- He once worked as a seller of car alarms.
- He attends Liverpool’s games as many times as possible. He is an avid fan of Liverpool F.C.
- His brother Gareth is a film director.
- While he participated in the Soccer Aid in 2010, he scored in a penalty shootout.
- Damian is the Patron of the London children’s charity Scene and Heard.