|Dan Gow Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1995|
Dan Gow is an American guitarist best known for being a member of the breakout band Against the Current. The band is popular for its authentic musical style that has gained them a large YouTube following despite uploading only a few covers of popular hit singles. Dan, Chrissy, and Will started creating original music in 2012 and were quickly booked for World Tour even before their first studio album released in 2016.
Daniel William Gow
New York, United States
He studied in Arlington High School in Lagrangeville, New York.
Guitarist, Musician, Songwriter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Cathy Gow (Engineer)
- Siblings – Dan has 1 sister.
Dan is represented by –
- Michael Ferri, General Manager, Element1 Music
- Ryan Soroka, Booking Agent (North America, Asia), United Talent Agency
- Tom Taaffe, Booking Agent (Europe, Australia), Coda Agency
- Christina Kotsamanidis, Publicist (USA), Atlantic Records
- Robbie Peacock, Publicist (UK), Atlantic Records
- Tour Manager and Sound Engineer, Lloyd Williams
Pop Rock, Alternative, Pop Punk, Indie Pop
Guitar, Vocals, Piano
Fueled By Ramen
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan hasn’t publicly dated anyone yet.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick Lips
- Hooded and slightly drooping eyes
- Shy and introvert demeanor
- Big, intricate tattoo on left forearm
Dan hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Being a guitarist and backup vocalist of Against the Current
As a member of Against the Current, Dan released his debut album titled In Our Bones on May 20, 2016.
Dan Gow Favorite Things
- Cereal – Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Application – Speed Test app to check Internet speed
- Guilty pleasure (Musical) – Listening to Shania Twain albums growing up
- Advice – “No one else is going to work harder for your band than yourself” by Dan’s band manager
Dan Gow Facts
- He is addicted to chewing gum.
- Dan is very messy and does not care about arranging his clothes properly while traveling.
- He is a shopaholic and doesn’t mind splurging money.
- Dan has no patience for preparing a proper meal. He would rather eat food raw than wait to cook it properly.
- His band gained a substantial YouTube following by singing covers of popular hit singles. They started co-creating songs with original tunes in 2012.
- Dan and his band member Will Ferri know each other since the 3rd grade. The two are not only best friends but were co-members in several bands even before entering their teenage years.
- Against the Current’s lead singer, Chrissy was introduced to Will and Dan through mutual friends. When they tried a musical collaboration, all three of them realized that they work well together.
- The name of their band was inspired by the last line of The Great Gatsby suggested by band manager and Will’s brother, Mike Ferri.
- Dan, Will, and Chrissy took to YouTube to appeal to an international audience. They wanted to stand out and break free from getting typecast in the trending musical styles followed by other local New York-based bands.
- To find out more about the guitarist, follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Flickr / CC BY-2.0