|Dani Alves Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1983|
Dani Alves is a Brazilian professional soccer player who has represented, as a defender, major European clubs like Sevilla FC, FC Barcelona, Juventus FC, and Paris Saint-Germain. He had started his senior career with the Brazilian club Esporte Clube Bahia with whom he won the Copa do Nordeste title in 2002. He moved to Europe in 2002 and joined the Spanish club Sevilla FC with whom he won the Copa del Rey (2006–07), the Supercopa de España (2007), the UEFA Cup (2005–06, 2006–07), and the UEFA Super Cup (2006). Dani joined Spanish giants FC Barcelona in 2008 and had the most tremendously successful period of his career, winning the La Liga (2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16), the Copa del Rey (2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16), the Supercopa de España (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013), the UEFA Champions League (2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15), the UEFA Super Cup (2009, 2011, 2015), and the FIFA Club World Cup (2009, 2011, 2015). With Italian table-toppers Juventus FC, he completed the double of winning the Serie A and the Coppa Italia in the 2016–17 season. After just a season with Juventus FC, he joined the French champions Paris Saint-Germain and won the Ligue 1 (2017–18, 2018–19), the Coupe de France (2017–18), the Coupe de la Ligue (2017–18), and the Trophée des Champions (2017, 2018). In 2019, he left the European club scene and returned to Brazil, joining São Paulo Futebol Clube. At the international level, he won the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship, the Copa América (2007, 2019), and the FIFA Confederations Cup (2009, 2013).
Daniel Alves da Silva
Dani, The Tarantula
Juazeiro, Bahia, Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Domingos Alves Da Silva (Farmer)
- Mother – Dona Lucia
- Siblings – Ney Alves (Brother) (Musician), Lucivânia Alves (Sister)
- 13, 7, 2, 15, 4 – Brazil
- 8, 6, 4 – Sevilla FC
- 20, 2, 22, 6 – FC Barcelona
- 23 – Juventus FC
- 32, 13, 6, 3 – Paris Saint-Germain
- 10 – São Paulo Futebol Clube
Defender (Right-Back), Midfielder
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dani has dated –
- Dinora Santana (2005–2011) – Dani began dating Brazilian sports agent Dinora Santana in January 2005. They got married in 2008 and parted ways in December 2011. They have 2 children together – a son named Daniel Alves and a daughter named Victoria Alves.
- Carol Macedo (2011) – Rumor
- Thaíssa Carvalho (2012-2014)
- Fernanda Penido (2014) – Rumor
- Joana Sanz (2015-Present) – Dani began dating Spanish supermodel Joana Sanz in April 2015 and got married in July 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Latino, White, and Black)
He is of Portuguese and African descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Has his chest, neck, and both arms covered in tattoos
- Often sports a trimmed beard
Dani Alves Facts
- When Dani was signed up by FC Barcelona for a fee of €32.5 million in 2008, he became, at that time, the 3rd-most expensive defender of all time.
- In his illustrious career, he has won 42 trophies at the club and international level as of May 2020 and is recognized as the most decorated player in the history of the sport in terms of the number of team titles won.
- In Brazil’s triumphant campaign at the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship, his performances had won him the ‘Bronze Ball’ award. In 2019, when Brazil won the Copa América, he won the ‘Most Valuable Player’ award and was named in the ‘Team of the Tournament’.
- He was named in the FIFA FIFPro World11 in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Featured Image by Dani Alves / Instagram