|Diogo Dalot Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1999|
|Girlfriend||Cláudia Pinto Lopes|
Diogo Dalot is a Portuguese professional soccer player who has represented, as a defender, FC Porto B (2017–2018) and FC Porto (2017–2018) in Portugal; and Manchester United F.C. (2018–Present) in England. Between October 2020 and June 2021, he also spent a loan spell with Italian giants A.C. Milan. With FC Porto, he won the Primeira Liga (the top-level of the Portuguese football league system) title in the 2017–18 season. At the international level, Diogo represented Portugal at the under-15, under-16, under-17, under-19, under-20, and under-21 tiers before making his senior national debut in June 2021. With Portugal, he won the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) European Under-17 Championship in 2016. This was the 6th time that Portugal had won this title. He was also an integral member of the Portuguese squads that had finished as the runner-up at both the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship and the 2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
José Diogo Dalot Teixeira
Braga, Norte, Portugal
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – António Jacinto Teixeira
- Mother – Anabela Dalot Teixeira
- Siblings – Mariana Dalot (Sister)
He has been represented by –
- ProEleven S.A., Soccer Players’/Coaches’ Career Management Agency, Almada, Setúbal, Portugal
- Studium Creative Co., Digital Communications Agency, Porto, Norte, Portugal
- 20, 5, 3, 2 – Portugal
- 62, 30 – FC Porto B
- 30 – FC Porto
- 20 – Manchester United F.C.
- 5 – A.C. Milan
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Diogo has dated –
- Cláudia Pinto Lopes (2020–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Portuguese descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, side-parted, hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble
He has been sponsored by the American multinational footwear, apparel, and sports equipment brand Nike, Inc.
Diogo Dalot Facts
- Diogo, at the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, scored twice in 5 games – the 2nd goal in a 2-0 win over the Netherlands in the semi-final and Portugal’s only goal in regulation time in the final against Spain. The final was tied at a goal apiece in regulation time and Diogo also successfully converted a penalty in Portugal’s 5–4 shootout victory. For his performances, he was named in the ‘Team of the Tournament’.
- At the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, where Portugal finished as the runner-up, he was again named in the ‘Team of the Tournament’. He also represented Portugal at the 2017 FIFA Under-20 World Cup. He started in all of his team’s matches in the tournament until the team’s exit at the quarter-final stage.
- In mid-June 2021, he was included in Portugal’s squad for the UEFA Euro tournament after João Cancelo had to withdraw after having tested positive for COVID-19.
- Diogo made his senior national debut on June 23, 2021, in Portugal’s final group-stage game of the tournament (a 2–2 draw with France), as a substitute for the final 11 minutes of the match. 4 days later, he made his first start with the Portuguese senior national team in a 1–0 loss to Belgium in the ‘Round of 16’ stage of the tournament.
- In September 2022, he scored his first two senior-level international goals during a 4–0 away win for Portugal, against the Czech Republic, during the 2022–23 season of the UEFA Nations League.
Featured Image by Diogo Dalot / Instagram