|Daniel Caesar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1995|
Daniel Caesar is a Canadian singer known for his insistence on stripping back music to acoustic essentials in the era of rampant auto-tuning. Also, he can count the former US President Barack Obama amongst his fans. Obama featured Caesar’s Blessed in the annual personal playlist of favorite songs of 2017, which featured works of established artists such as Harry Styles and Kendrick Lamar. His debut album has been a tremendous commercial success and even got him a Grammy nomination. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Daniel Caesar went to a private Christian high school on the campus of his Seventh Day Adventist church. However, he was expelled from the school for selling weed to his classmate. He eventually completed his school education by homeschooling.
- Father – Norwill Simmonds (Gospel Singer)
- Mother – Hollace Simmonds
- Siblings – Unknown
Daniel Caesar is represented by –
- ICM Partners
- The Feldman Agency
R&B, Soul, Neo Soul
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Caesar prefers to keep the focus firmly on his music and therefore, refrains from inviting any attention to his private life, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jamaican ancestry on his father’s side.
Daniel Caesar hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
He was raised by Seventh-Day Adventists. He even studied in the church high school and was in the church choir as well.
However, as an adult, he hasn’t been able to clearly define his religious views. But still, there is a strong influence of church and religion on his music.
Best Known For
- The immense critical acclaim garnered by his debut EP, Praise Break. It was ranked #19 on the Rolling Stone‘s “20 Best R&B Albums of 2014” list.
- The immense popularity of his single, Get You, which managed to garner more than 20 million streams on Apple Music all over the world. It also managed to rise to the top of US Adult R&B charts.
In August 2017, he released his debut studio album, Freudian. The album managed to peak at the 6th position on US R&B Album charts.
First TV Show
In 2017, Daniel Caesar made his first TV show appearance on the popular talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Daniel Caesar Favorite Things
- Guitar Inspiration – John Mayer
- Movie – Pulp Fiction (1994)
Source – Fender, Toronto Life
Daniel Caesar Facts
- He gave his first musical performance at the age of 6 or 7 with his family at their local church. They sang Come, Thou Fount.
- At a very young age, he started taking piano lessons. However, he eventually lost interest as certain things were expected of him, which took the fun out of the whole process.
- He got his first guitar at the age of 10. His father had bought it for him. Caesar had promised his mother that once they get him a guitar, he would get back to piano lessons.
- He believes that his acoustic guitar has helped him improve his songwriting skills. As there are no filters and reverbs, he can’t hide his shortcomings.
- As his father got fleeced by representatives and music industry executives, he was cynical about Caesar’s prospects as a singer.
- In the 10th grade, he failed in his choir class. In the same year, he discovered pot and started using and selling it.
- After completing his high school education via homeschooling, he moved to Toronto for better opportunities to pursue his music career. However, his early days in the city were rough as once, he even had to sleep in a park.
- In his early days in Toronto, he used to do late night shifts as a dishwasher. He also used to crash on his friends’ couches for the night.
- Daniel has collaborated with music producers Matthew Burnett and Jordan Evans to establish Golden Child Recordings. He was apprehensive of giving control of his work to someone else, therefore, decided to start his own record label.
- Mary J. Blige enlisted his assistance in writing her single, Telling the Truth. He is credited as the co-writer for the song.
- At the age of 16, he recorded gospel song, Give Me Jesus, with his father.
- He wrote his first song, while he was studying in the 8th grade. The song was inspired by his crush, for a girl named Bethany, and the song was titled Shy That Way.
- Visit his official website @ danielcaesar.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Daniel Caesar / Twitter