|Daniel Negreanu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1974|
Daniel Negreanu is a Canadian professional poker player who is widely regarded as one of the best poker players of all time. As of January 2021, he had won 6 World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelets (1998, 2003, 2004, 2008, and twice in 2013) and 2 World Poker Tour (WPT) championship titles (2004 Borgata Poker Open, 2004 Five Diamond World Poker Classic). He had also won a Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) title in 2013 and a World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) title in 2016. In 2014, he was named the ‘Best Poker Player of the Decade’ by the independent poker ranking service Global Poker Index. Later that year, he was inducted into the ‘Poker Hall of Fame’. He has written the books – Hold’em Wisdom for all Players (2007), Power Hold’em Strategy (2008), and More Hold’em Wisdom for all Players (2008).
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, United States
Daniel had attended the Pineway Public School in North York, Toronto. He had dropped out of high school to start his life as a rounder (an expert player who travels to seek out high-stakes games).
Professional Poker Player
- Father – Constantin Negreanu (Electrician, Confectionary Salesman)
- Mother – Annie Negreanu (d. November 23, 2009)
- Siblings – Mike Negreanu (Older Brother)
He is represented by Poker Royalty, LLC, Poker Player Management, Marketing and Representation Agency, Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel has dated –
- Polgár Krisztina
- Evelyn Ng
- Lori Lin Weber (2005–2007) – Daniel had married Lori Lin Weber in August 2005. The couple had parted ways in November 2007 and they got divorced later.
- Amanda Leatherman (2019-Present) – Daniel got married to actress and TV personality Amanda Leatherman in May 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Romanian descent.
- Toned physique
- Back-combed, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a beard
Daniel Negreanu Facts
- Daniel, as a teenager, had harbored dreams of becoming a professional snooker player. However, when he was 15, he had learned how to play poker and within a year or so had determined that he would play poker professionally.
- His first cash win at a World Series of Poker (WSOP) tournament came when he won USD 169,460 in the USD 2,000 Pot-Limit Hold’em event in the 1998 World Series of Poker. He went on to win his first WSOP bracelet then and became the youngest WSOP bracelet winner in history, a record that was broken in 2004 by Scott Fischman.
- In 2013, he had become the first player to win the WSOP ‘Player of the Year’ award for the 2nd time. He had previously achieved the feat in 2004.
- He also holds the records of being the first player to make it to the final table at each of the 3 WSOP bracelet-awarding tournament venues as well as winning a bracelet at each of those locations – Las Vegas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- He had posed for a PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) campaign to promote veganism, in September 2015.
- He is a fan of ice hockey and his favorite team in the National Hockey League (NHL) is Toronto Maple Leafs.
Featured Image by Daniel Negreanu / Instagram