Daniel Andre Sturridge
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Michael Sturridge
- Mother – Grace Sturridge
- Siblings – Leon Sturridge (Brother)
Daniel is signed with Octagon.
28- Sturridge played under number 28 while at Manchester City.
23 – Daniel wore number 23 when he was a member of Chelsea FC.
15 – He wore number 15 during his time with Liverpool.
9 – He wore number 9 for the English national team.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
81 kg or 179 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Sturridge dated –
- Jourdan Dunn (2013-2014) – Sturridge was in a year-long relationship with British model Jourdan Dunn starting back in June 2013 and ending in June 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Sturridge’s all grandparents are of Jamaican descent.
- Muscular body
- Black hair
- Ear piercing
Daniel Sturridge’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Daniel’s shoe size is not available.
Daniel has been signed with the sportswear brand Nike.
Sturridge has also appeared in TV adverts for Beats, Subway, and BOSS.
Best Known For
- Winning the Premier League trophy with Chelsea during the 2009-10 season.
- Also known for winning the UEFA Champions League title in 2011-2012 season as a member of Chelsea.
First Soccer Match
Sturridge debuted for Manchester City’s first squad in a match against Reading in February 2007.
On August 18, 2009, Daniel made his debut for Chelsea in a Premier League match against Sunderland. He entered the game as a substitute for Didier Drogba.
Sturridge played his first official match for Bolton Wanderers on February 2, 2011 against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
He first played for Liverpool on January 6, 2013 against Mansfield Town in an FA Cup match. Daniel was the scorer of Liverpool’s first goal which later led to a 2-1 victory for them.
Sturridge debuted for England in a friendly match against Sweden.
- Through balls
- Holding on to the ball
- Aerial duels
- Defensive contribution
Till date, Sturridge has not been seen in any acting role in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
Other than soccer matches itself, Daniel was first seen in the news sports show Match of the Day as himself in 2011. Since 2011, he has appeared in multiple episodes.
Daniel’s personal trainer is not known and hence his workout and diet.
Daniel Sturridge Favorite Things
- Movie – Any Given Sunday (1999)
- Actors – Jamie Foxx, Denzel Washington
- TV Show – Luther (2010-2015)
- Sportsman – Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather
- Reading Material (Book / Magazine) – The Bible and Prisoner to the Streets (By Robyn Travis)
- Soccer Player – Thierry Henry
Source – Telegraph.co.uk
Daniel Sturridge Facts
- He began his soccer journey at the age of 6 in a local youth club called Cadbury Athletic.
- At the age of 7, Sturridge joined Aston Villa’s soccer academy where he stayed until he turned 11.
- In 2003, Daniel shifted to Manchester City’s Academy. At the time, he was 13 years old.
- He started training with Manchester City’s first squad during the 2006-2007 season.
- Sturridge was voted Manchester City’s Young Player of the Season by the club’s fans.
- On July 3, 2009, Daniel penned a four-year deal with Chelsea. However, because Sturridge was under 24, there were problems between Chelsea and Manchester City which eventually led to a total fee of 8.3 million British pounds.
- On January 31, 2011, Daniel went on a loan to Bolton Wanderers.
- Sturridge signed for Liverpool on January 2, 2013. His contract was worth 12 million British pounds.
- Daniel was a member of England’s U-16, U-17, U-18, U-19, U-20 and U-21 teams.
- He represented England at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Daniel is the nephew of Dean and Simon Sturridge, both ex-professional soccer players.
- In the summer of 2013, Sturridge opened a foundation by the name of Daniel Sturridge. The main goal of the foundation is to help young people get into sports.
- He is the director of Sturr Class Entertainment record company.
- Visit his official website @ danielsturridge.net.
- Follow Sturridge on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Google+.