|Daniela Melchior Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1996|
Daniela Melchior is a Portuguese actress who is best known for her work in films such as The Suicide Squad (2021), Marlowe (2022), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023), and Fast X (2023). Before her plunge into big-money Hollywood films, she had made her name by appearing in multiple Portuguese telenovelas – including portraying characters such as Viviana Gomes in 316 episodes of Mulheres (2014-15), Cláudia Andrade in 221 episodes of Ouro Verde (2017), Ariana Franco in 190 episodes of A Herdeira (2018), and Isabel Vasconcellos in 203 episodes of Valor da Vida (2018-19). Daniela also played key roles in the 2018 Portuguese drama film titled The Black Book and the 2018 Portuguese comedy-drama film titled Parque Mayer.
Daniela Melchior dos Reis Lopes Pereira
Almada, Setúbal, Portugal
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Portuguese descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Plump lips
Daniela Melchior Facts
- For her portrayal of the female lead character of Deolinda in the 2018 Portuguese comedy-drama film titled Parque Mayer, Daniela was nominated in the category of ‘Best Actress’ at the 2019 edition of the Sophia Awards – the premier Portuguese cinematographic and film awards (instituted in 2012, a year after the creation of the Portuguese Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences).
- Daniela lent her voice to the character of Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen in the Portuguese dub of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, a 2018 American computer-animated superhero film.
- For her portrayal of the character of Cleo Cazo/Ratcatcher 2 in the 2021 American superhero film titled The Suicide Squad, she was nominated in the category of ‘Best Newcomer’ at the 2021 edition of the Golden Globes (Portugal) – presented annually in Portugal since 1996 to recognize achievements in multiple spheres including film, theatre, sports, cinema, fashion, and music.
- The role of Cleo Cazo/Ratcatcher 2 made Daniela the first actress from Portugal to play a character in a film belonging to the DCEU (DC Extended Universe, an American media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of superhero films and TV series that are based on characters that appear in comic books published by DC Comics, one of the largest and oldest American comic book companies).
- Her portrayal of the minor character of Ura in the 2023 American superhero film titled Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 made her the first actress from Portugal to play a character in a film belonging to the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe, an American media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of superhero films that are based on characters that appear in comic books published by Marvel Comics, an American comic book publisher).
- Incredibly, The Suicide Squad (2021) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023) – projects that made Daniela the first Portuguese actress to star in a DCEU and an MCU film, respectively – were both directed by James Gunn. The Suicide Squad (2021) – a DCEU film – made James the first filmmaker to have had directing credits on films in both the DCEU and the MCU. He had previously directed Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) as well as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) for the MCU.
Featured Image by Daniela Melchior / Instagram