|DaniLeigh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 20, 1994|
DaniLeigh is an American hip-hop singer, rapper, and dancer who is known for her sultry voice that is acclaimed through her bold and carefree ways. She is a member of the pop singing and dancing duo Curly Fryz. Dani is also distinguished for being chosen by legendary singer-songwriter the Late Prince Rogers Nelson to direct a music video for him in 2013. She is also popular on social media with more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Danielle Leigh Curiel
Miami, Florida, United States
She divides her time between Florida and Los Angeles.
Singer, Rapper, Dancer
- Father – Vladimir Curiel
- Mother – She is a model.
- Siblings – Amanda (Sister), Brianna (Younger Sister) (Singer), Brandon “Brandon Bill$/Chunky Chainz” Curiel (Brother) (Singer)
Def Jam Recordings
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
DanLeigh has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
She has Dominican ancestry.
- Wears a nose ring
- A beauty spot on the left cheek
DaniLeigh has made several commercial appearances.
She has also used her social media presence to endorse brands like I AM GIA.
She was brought up by a Christian family.
Best Known For
- Directing the music video “Breakfast Can Wait” for the legendary musician and producer Prince Rogers Nelson
- Doing a cover of Wiz Khalifa‘s “See You Again” that was watched by more than 1 million people on YouTube
She released her first album titled Summer With Friends on September 8, 2017, with 7 tracks such as Lurkin, All I Know, and Questions. It was released under the label Def Jam Recordings.
First TV Show
Dani made her first TV show appearance on TakePart Live in 2013.
Dancing is a part of her daily life which helps her to stay fit and healthy as it is an effective full-body cardio workout.
DaniLeigh Favorite Things
- Music Artists – Aaliyah and Missy Elliott
- Things About The 90’s Era – High waisted jeans, Frilly Hair, and Dance
Source – AXS, YellowScene.com
- She began singing at an early age and by the time she was 14, she was recording covers for YouTube. She has done covers for Musiq Soulchild’s So Beautiful and Wiz Khalifa’s See You Again.
- DaniLeigh has inherited her vocals from her father and the dancing ability from her mother.
- Growing up, she used to play the sport of basketball.
- At the age of 12, Dani found her passion in the art of dance. Later, she started dancing professionally in music videos for singers Pharrell and Nelly Furtado.
- Dani did not realize the true extent of her voice until she moved to Los Angeles at the age of 16.
- In high school, she was kind of a tomboy and she found her name Danielle to be too girly for her.
- In 2013, DaniLeigh received an email from legendary musician and producer Prince. He wanted her to direct a video for his song “Breakfast Can Wait” after he saw her dancing in a short clip.
- Musician Prince Rogers Nelson had been a mentor to her until his death on April 21, 2016.
- Dani’s music is inspired by the works of singer-songwriters Aaliyah, Missy Elliott, Rihanna, and Drake.
- Her stage name DaniLeigh is pronounced as “Dani-Lay”.
- Dani’s fans are called “DaniLions”.
- She enjoys leading a 90’s lifestyle.
- Visit her official website @ iamdanileigh.com.
Featured Image by DaniLeigh / Instagram