|Danish Kaneria Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|December 16, 1980
Dinesh Kaneria is a former Pakistani cricketer who played for the Pakistani national cricket team between 2000 and 2010. He earned a named for himself with his unbeatable googly bowling style. However, Dinesh’s career as a cricketer turned for the worse after he was arrested in May 2010 for his connection with the 2009 match irregularities during the domestic season. Dinesh has amassed a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on YouTube.
Dinesh Prabha Shanker Kaneria
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Danish studied at Karachi’s Government Islamia College and also attended the St. Patrick’s High School.
- Father – Prabhashankarbhai Laljibhai Kaneria
- Mother – Babitaben Kaneria
- Others – Anil Dalpat (Older Cousin Brother) (Wicket-Keeper)
6 ft or 183 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danish has dated –
- Dharmita Kaneria – Danish is married to the daughter of a Varasia family named Dharmita Kaneria. They have 2 children, a boy named, Danish Kaneria, Jr. and a girl named, Parisa Kaneria.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Gujarati heritage.
- He has a beauty spot under his lower lip.
- Always sports a clean shave
Danish Kaneria Facts
- Although Danish was born and raised in Pakistan, he is a Hindu with Gujarati heritage.
- Kaneria’s family has lived in Pakistan ever since his ancestors settled there over a century ago.
- He is considered to be the 2nd Hindu to have played for the Pakistan national cricket team. His cousin wicket-keeper Anil Dalpat was the first to do so.
- He played his debut first-class match for the National Shipping Corporation against the Habib Bank Limited cricket team during the 1998-1999 tournament.
- As a domestic cricketer, he played a number of teams including the National Shipping Corporation, Karachi Whites, Pakistan Reserves, Habib Bank Limited cricket team, Essex, Sindh cricket team, and Pakistan A cricket team.
- On September 28, 2019, Danish started his eponymous YouTube channel. The channel features mostly match reviews and other content related to cricket.
- Danish once stated that he had faced a lot of racial abuse even as a member of the Pakistani national cricket team.
- Between 1998–99 and 2011–12, Danish had played 206 first-class matches and had an astonishing 1,024 dismissals to his name.
- He is said to have taken 10 or more wickets in a match on more than 12 occasions.
- Danish was 19 years old when he was called up to play for the national team in November 2000 against England.
- In October 2001, Danish played his first One Day International cricket match against Zimbabwe.
- During the October 2003-2004 South Africa tour of Pakistan, he bowled 28.3 continuous overs to the South African batsmen and yet they were confused each time they faced the bowl in the match.
- From 2004 to 2010, he represented Essex in the English County Championship.
- In May 2010, Danish was arrested on account of match irregularities that had been done during the 2009 domestic cricket season. However, in September 2010, the investigation was closed and he was cleared of all allegations. Despite that, the “Pakistan Cricket Board” excluded him from the national team matches without a reason.
- In October 2023, he requested Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), and the BCCI head to get his life ban lifted which was handed to him by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in 2012 in a spot-fixing case.
Featured Image By NAPARAZZI / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0