|Danny Amendola Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Danny Amendola has earned a reputation for being a solid and reliable wide receiver and punt returner. Despite having done well in high school and college football, he struggled during the start of his professional career as he spent his first year with Philadelphia Eagles’ and Dallas Cowboys’ practice squads. He eventually managed to find a foothold with St. Louis Rams. Then, he moved to New England Patriots and managed to win the Super Bowl along with some other championships.
Daniel James Amendola
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Danny Amendola went to The Woodlands High School in his hometown. Then, he graduated from Texas Tech University with a major in communications.
Retired Professional Football Player
- Father – Willie Amendola (High School Football Team Coach)
- Mother – Rose Amendola
- Siblings – Matt Amendola (Older Brother) (Played football at Baylor University)
He is managed by Jacquelyn Davis of the Miami Dolphins.
80 – Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots
16 – St. Louis Rams
11 – Philadelphia Eagles
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny Amendola has dated –
- Talor Reazin (2013) – In 2013, Danny was reported to be dating model Talor Reazin, who had previously worked as a cheerleader at the University of Central Oklahoma. They had been spotted together at a couple of public events. However, their romantic dalliance didn’t last long.
- Kay Adams (2015-2016) – Danny’s relationship with TV host and presenter, Kay Adams, became public news in July 2015 after they attended the ESPY Awards as a couple. It was reported that they had been dating since the earlier months of 2015. It was even claimed that Danny had agreed in a new deal in March 2015 to stay with New England Patriots, for less money than he could earn elsewhere, because he wanted to live closer to Adams, who was working in the Boston area for NBC Sports, Fantasy Zone, CSN, and SNY. But, they decided to end their relationship in the earlier months of 2016.
- Olivia Culpo (2016-March 2018, June 2018-October 2018, 2019) – Danny and model Olivia Culpo made their relationship public in February 2016 as she shared their picture on her official Instagram account. She often flaunted their relationship on the social media and was seen watching him in several high-profile NFL matches including the Super Bowl win in 2016. However, in March 2018, it was revealed that they had broken up as they had a problem in adjusting their schedules and wanted to focus more on their careers. However, they managed to rekindle their relationship by June 2018 and were even spotted attending a wedding event in Houston. They again split in October 2018 due to trust issues as Danny was found with reporter Bianca Peters getting cozy. They reconciled and then separated for the final time in March 2019.
- Jean Watts (2020-Present) – In May 2020, Danny was first linked with singer Jean Watts. They made their relationship Instagram official in February 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry on his father’s side and Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Stocky Build
- Dashing Good Looks
Danny Amendola has appeared in TV commercials for the brands like –
Best Known For
- Having played for St. Louis Rams for 4 seasons during which he delivered several solid performances
- His successful stint with the famous NFL team, New England Patriots as he won 2 Super Bowl Championships and 3 Conference Championships with the Boston-based giants
First Football Match
In 2009, he made his professional NFL debut with St. Louis Rams.
First TV Show
In 2015, Danny Amendola made his first TV show appearance on the popular talk show, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Apart from his regular NFL training, Danny puts in hours at the gym to further improve his fitness and endurance. He usually lifts weights in the gym for an hour or so after having completed his team training. He opts to go for body splits for his strength training instead of working the whole body in a single go.
During the season, he usually keeps the intensity of the workout a bit low and also prefers to lift lighter weight to ensure that he doesn’t overtire his muscles. However, for off-season training, he usually ramps up the intensity and opts for some hardcore lifting.
Danny Amendola’s Favorite Things
- Cheat Meal – Fried chicken sandwich on a homemade fresh biscuit with honey butter
- Pre-Game Meal – Peanut butter and Nutella sandwich on wheat
- Go-To Travel Destination – Any beach
- Color – Black
- TV Show – Married with Children
- Must-Have Accessories – Ray Ban Sunglasses, Bose Headphones
- Candies – Sour Patch Kids, Snickers
- Person To Follow On Twitter – Conor McGregor
- Best Concert – My Morning Jacket concert at Bonnaroo
- School Crush – Carmen Electra
Source – US Magazine
Danny Amendola’s Facts
- In 2010, he launched his Catches for Kids initiative, which aims to raise funds for underprivileged children and youth in inner cities.
- While playing for his high school team, Danny created history by taking his team to its first-ever Texas state championship game.
- In April 2008, he was signed by Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent. In August, he was cut by the Cowboys but was later re-signed and added to the practice squad on the clearance of waivers.
- On the expiry of his contract with Cowboys, he was signed up by Philadelphia Eagles to their practice squad in January 2009.
- In October 2012, he suffered a freak injury while playing for St. Louis Rams against Arizona Cardinals as his clavicle (collarbone) instead of popping out, popped in and was just millimeters away from puncturing his aorta and trachea, which would have killed him.
- Because of the unusual nature of his injury, Rams’ medical team decided to ask other NFL teams for advice but as no other player had ever suffered such an injury, they couldn’t get much assistance. Eventually, they anesthetized him and popped the clavicle back in place.
- In March 2013, he joined the New England Patriots and signed a 5 years contract with the franchise. His contract was worth $28.5 million out of which $10 million was guaranteed.
- In March 2018, it was announced that he had joined the Miami Dolphins.
- In July 2017, he signed a representation contract with Ford Models, which made him the first NFL player to have signed up with the agency.
- In July 2022, Danny had announced his retirement from professional football.
Featured Image by Danny Amendola / Instagram