|Daryl Hall Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1946|
Daryl Hall is an American singer and musician who is best known for being the co-founder and principal lead vocalist of Hall & Oates. Over the years, he has released several albums and songs including Three Hearts in the Happy Ending Machine, Sacred Songs, Can’t Stop Dreaming, Laughing Down Crying, The Classic Ballads, Soul Alone, Wherever Would I Be (with Dusty Springfield), She’s Gone, and Help Me Find a Way to Your Heart. He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2014.
Daryl Franklin Hohl
Daryl Hall, Daryl Hohl, Daryl F. Hohl, D. Franklin Hohl
Pottstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Pawling, Dutchess County, New York, United States
Daryl Hall graduated from Owen J. Roberts High School in 1964 and then attended Temple University in Philadelphia, where he majored in music.
- Father – Walter Franklin Hall
- Mother – Betty Mae (Wanner)
- Others – William Franklin Hohl (Paternal Grandfather), Thirza Ashbridge Rinker (Paternal Grandmother), Leon M. Wanner (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy M. Reifsnyder (Maternal Grandmother)
Daryl Hall has been repped by ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Rock, Soul, Blue-eyed Soul, R&B, Pop Rock, Blues Rock, Soft Rock, Alternative Country
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
Elektra Records, Atlantic, RCA Records, Epic Records, Arista, U-Watch, Verve Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daryl Hall has dated –
- Andrea Zabloski – Andrea and Daryl have a son named Darren Hall.
- Bryna Lublin (1969-1972) – In 1969, he married Bryna Lublin after converting to Lublin’s religion, Judaism. The marriage ended in divorce in 1972.
- Sara Allen (1971-2001) – For around 3 decades, he was in a relationship with songwriter Sara Allen and she was the inspiration for the song Sara Smile. She frequently worked with Hall & Oates and also made a brief appearance in a May 2016 episode of Live from Daryl’s House. The couple never married and despite separating in 2001, they have remained friends.
- Amanda Aspinall (2009-2015) – Hall got married to Amanda Aspinall, daughter of British gambling mogul John Aspinall, in 2009 and she had 2 children, March and Orson, from a previous relationship. Amanda and Daryl Hall divorced in 2015 and she died in January 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, Irish, and English descent.
- A stubble and slightly long hair
He had been a Methodist before converting to Judaism to marry Bryna Lublin.
Since then, he does not actively participate in religion but has said that he feels more of a connection to Judaism than to his original affiliation.
Daryl Hall Facts
- In March 1980, Daryl Hall released his debut solo album, Sacred Songs, which peaked at number #58 on the Billboard Pop Albums chart.
- In July 2005, he was diagnosed with Lyme disease.
- Alongside his Hall & Oates bandmate John Oates, Daryl Hall received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6752 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
Featured Image by Weatherman90 / English Wikipedia / CC BY 3.0